The 3 Top Spring TV Premieres You Don’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s that time of season when many of our favorite TV shows are coming to an end. As we all cry and laugh over these finales we can, however, start preparing for the upcoming premieres of some popular spring/summer shows that people have spent their entire academic year waiting for. The top three listed have kept the internet abuzz throughout the year, so it has to be quite the relief to finally have these shows back on in the coming weeks!

1) Game of Thrones

“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.”

The HBO’s hot show returns with their fourth season. Based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, this action-packed show is the number-one hit on HBO. The show will continue to follow the lives of the many families fighting to claim the Iron Throne. With at least one horrifying death per season, fans (including myself) are anxious to find out what happens next for their beloved characters Daenerys, Tyrion, Arya, John Snow and many more.  While there are only ten episodes per season, each episode is packed with rivalries, betrayals, romance, death, swordplay and most importantly…dragons. The fight for the Iron Throne returned on April 6th! Catch new episodes every Sunday.

2)  Orphan Black

“They’re not me. They’re not. They’re completely different people.”

Tatiana Maslany comes back to play the clones on the second season of Orphan Black. Back in season one, a woman named Sarah Manning watched the suicide of her apparent duplicate, Elizabeth Childs.  After assuming the role of Beth in order to discover the reasoning behind this woman’s death, Sarah soon finds herself thrust into a deeper mystery once she discovers that there are many clones of herself living and an assassin is slowly on the move to kill each and every one of them. Season Two will throw everyone head-first into Sarah’s desperate pursuit to protect everyone, including herself. Orphan Black will premiere on April 19th on BBC America.

3) Pretty Little Liars

“Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.”

The hit ABC show reaches their fifth season this summer! The evil “A” continues to haunt the lives of Spencer, Emily, Aria, and Hanna. The fourth season answered many burning questions that fans were desperate for over the season, but left a whole new set of questions in its wake. As always, the biggest question still remains. Who is A?! And will we ever find out? This remains to be seen. With some unexpected old faces appearing into this new season, there are sure to be some nasty new secrets and (as expected) a whole lot of lying. The fourth season premieres on June 10th!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3.

Anastasia Armstrong. English Major at UMass Amherst.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst