3 Reasons Why You Should Attend the Sisters On the Runway Model Call

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Last semester I was lucky enough to participate as a model in the annual Sister’s On the Runway Fashion Show.  It was a truly memorable experience that allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and try something new!  I believe every girl needs to do something out of her comfort zone at least once in her life, so if you’ve ever daydreamed of what it would feel like to strut down a runway, now is your chance!  Here are three great reasons why you should audition.

1.  You will gain confidence and feel really good about yourself.  Models for the show can be any shape or size.  What’s most important is showcasing your great personality and confidence on stage.  Leave it to the fashion coordinators, makup artists, and hair stylists to make sure you will look perfect the night of the show.  There is no better feeling then looking good, feeling good, and being able to strut down the runway to an awesome beat.  All eyes will be on you and you will love every second of it! Oh, and don’t forget to strike a fierce pose for all of the photographers waiting for you at the end of the runway.   

2.  You get to know amazing girls.  After spending weeks perfecting runway walks in the Student Union and trying on endless amounts of clothes to find the perfect outfits, all of the models become really close.  Most of the girls have little experience modeling, so practices are stress free, fun, and all about improving your skills!

3.  It’s a great cause.  Sisters On the Runway is an organization that inspires students to raise awareness for victims and survivors of domestic violence.  All proceeds from the spring fashion show are donated to Safe Passage of Northampton, a local domestic violence shelter.

MODELCALL INFORMATION

Where:    Isenburg School of Management, Room 112

When:     Tuesday, October 15th from 7:30 to 9:30 PM

Thursday, October 17th from 7:30 to 9:30 PM

Bring at least three inch heels!

Kara Settle

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst