2021 Holiday Gift Guide for Your Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Now that the holiday season is in full swing, it’s time to shop for all your besties. This gift guide is geared to any and all the besties with varying hobbies and interests. Considering many of us reading this are in college, most of the gifts are college-budget friendly, with a few pricier options for variety. Hopefully this gift guide is helpful for any individuals who struggle with figuring out presents for the people you love most! 

For the Stylish

Statement Rings: Accessories complete an outfit, so some fun statement rings are a great gift for the friends who love to dress up and accessorize. (My favorite place to look for fun jewelry is Etsy!)

Cool Jackets/Shackets: With the colder weather here to stay for awhile, a unique jacket is the perfect gift for this holiday season. Zara has the cutest jackets but they are on the pricey side, so if you need a more budget friendly option Target or Forever21 are great places to look! 

Anna Schultz-Ripped Jeans
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
For the Hosts with the Most

Games: We’re Not Really Strangers, Puzzles, Uno — the types of games you can buy are limitless, but these examples are just a few of my personal favorites! To level up the game, some sites, such as uncommongoods, offer options to personalize the game board and/or pieces to better suit your bestie!

Fun Candles: Candles are a great gift for anyone but especially for friends who enjoy hosting parties, game nights, or other get-togethers! Some options include candles inspired by the holiday season, trending candles like the drip candles seen on TikTok, or your bestie’s all-time favorite scent.  

For the Jet setters 

Travel Kit: Get your bestie who loves to travel little kits with travel size lotion, shampoo and conditioner, or hair ties so they will have everything they need for their next trip. Some options include buying premade travel kits, or if you really know your bestie’s favorite products, you can assemble your own kit personalized to them. It also allows you to pick and choose according to your budget! 

Personalized Luggage Tag: Luggage tags are absolutely essential to any travel enthusiast. A cute personalized luggage tag is the perfect, budget-friendly gift for your jet-setting friend. 

For the Foodies

Make Your Own Hot Sauce: Uncommongoods sells many different DIY kits that include bread, beer, and kombucha, but I personally thought the hot sauce making kit was a super cool option. It could also be turned into a fun activity to do together on your next girls night in! 

Cooking Class: If you enjoy experience-based gifts, go sign you and your bestie up for a cooking class! Cooking classes have multiple options for what you can cook or bake and vary in price depending on a lot of factors. This gift idea requires a bit more research. One resource is Sur La Table, which offers in person and virtual cooking classes. 

Whether you decide to buy a gift, do a DIY gift, bake, or donate to an organization for your bestie this holiday season, the most important thing to remember is to spend quality time with the people you love. And lastly, to all the readers out there, happy holidays! 

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Meghan Kean

U Mass Amherst '22

Meghan is a biochemistry major with a business minor at UMass. In her free time she enjoys hanging out with friends, watching true crime, and drinking coffee!