14 Frocks to Rock this Holiday Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Happy Holidays, Collegiettes! Tis’ the Season for cheery tunes, pretty lights, and most importantly, sequined, sparkly frocks to wear to all your Holiday events! Whether it’s a family get together or New Years Eve with your girlfriends, here are some dresses you can rock on the party circuit this holiday season.

1.) Urban Outfitters:
Lucca Couture Tulip-Back Dress, $69
The Tulip detail on the back of this dress is unique and will help you stand out from the crowd. The bright red is festive, but doesn’t come off as garish and the back shows just enough skin to be sexy, not skanky.

2.) Urban Outfitters: Staring at Stars Dolman Sequin Knit Dress, $59

I love this simple knit dolman because you can dress it up or down. The sequins are subtle enough that you can definitely wear it after the holidays have passed.

3.) Forever 21: Braided Belt Dress, $29.80

As opposed to the traditional silver, gold, and red holiday dresses everyone wears, I love that this is plum. It’s different and yet still remains appropriate for the holidays. This is another dress that you can wear again and would be a great option to don at grandma’s house!

4.) Forever 21: Metallic Bandage Dress, $29.80
This is definitely not something you’d want to wear to grandma’s house. I love the asymmetrical feature and the subtle glitter; perfect for a night out.

5.) Forever 21: Spaghetti Strap Glitter Dress, $19.80

How adorable is this? The glitter detail and the bow accent really tie the look together to complete a chic (and cheap,) cocktail dress. This would be perfect for a winter formal.

6.) Top Shop: Lurex Skater Dress, $72
I love how simple yet pretty this dress is. From afar, the detail appears to be silver but zoomed in, they are an array of colors. The low back is also a nice surprise, which will be sure to turn heads.

7.) Nasty Gal: Nikki Sequin Dress, $88

I am in love with this dress; the long sleeved mini screams Christmas! This is also a great option for New Year’s Eve because of all the different colors it comes in. I also really like the unique sequin design; it seems different from most dresses I have seen this season.

8.) Nasty Gal: Demi Sequin Dress, $58
Here’s another unique style from Nasty Gal. They take the standard little black dress and put a festive spin on it. You could totally recycle this dress for another night out sometime throughout the year.

9.) Nasty Gal: Ombre Sparkle Dress, $68

I feel like black and white is a color combination you don’t normally see as a choice for a holiday party dress, so this is refreshing. This is a great choice because it’s classy but very modern and funky at the same time.

10.) ModCloth: Classic Stunner Dress, $91.99
ModCloth’s A-line style dress is just as the name describes it, stunning. I would reserve this for a more formal event. However, it’s too pretty, I don’t think I could resist wearing it to normal family get-together!

11.) Anthropologie: Polished Platinum Dress, $388

Yes, I realize how pricy this dress is but it was too beautiful to leave off the list! If anything, I’d buy this as an investment and wear it at least once every year during Christmas time for the rest of my life (okay, maybe not that extreme… but you get it).

12.) Free People: Floral Lace Fit and Flare Dress, $128
This dress is for those that don’t want to feel over-the-top. It’s understated yet still sends the message that you’re feeling that Christmas cheer. Plus, I’m a sucker for lace.

13.) Asos: Paprika Body-Conscious Dress with Velvet Tattoo Bodice, $47.27

Velvet! Sheer! Sweetheart bodice! These are essentially all my favorite things in one dress. Also, the detail on the shoulder is an unexpected touch. Did I mention it was on sale? In my shopping cart it goes!

14.) Asos: Party Dress in Mesh, $99.99
This dress is so different and fun! I can’t decide which color I like better, the Champagne or Black/Purple combination. I’m more partial to the sheer mesh back, but the plunging front v-neck also makes a bold statement.

You’ll be the belle of the ball in any of these dresses, so get shopping, collegiettes and Happy Holidays!

Kim Giordano

U Mass Amherst

Kim Giordano is a senior majoring in Communication at The University of Massachusetts Amherst. Kim has been writing for UMass' widely known student run newspaper, The Daily Collegian, since her freshman year and was recently named Blog Editor. She is also involved with community service programs Best Buddies and Relay For Life, as well as a member of the National Society of Leadership. Hailing from her hometown of Montvale, New Jersey, Kim loves reading (preferably with a cup of coffee in hand), live music, and a good clothing sale. Kim would love to end up writing, but whatever she does, she'll be in New York while doing it.