This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

1) You carry hand sanitizer in your bag at all times, and probably offer it to people a little too much (oops).

2) When your boyfriend gets a huge plate of food (how do they eat so much?!) you subconsciously find yourself organizing each morsel into the different levels of the food pyramid.

3) You’re the first one in line for the flu shot, and will talk to anyone who will listen about how vaccines influenced history.

4) Walking behind smokers is one of your biggest pet peeves and you may cough just a little excessively to make your point.

5) You find that your yoga mat is a better companion than a boy could ever be.

6) You pretend to love exercising, and constantly list off all the benefits to further convince yourself, but really you’d just like to binge with your pals Ben and Jerry.

7) Your friends think you may be addicted to vitamins. Remember a healthy body is a healthy mind!

8) People mistake you for a garbage picker because of all the litter you pick up.

9) You find yourself lecturing people about safe sex, prevent those STDs everybody!

10) Along with boys and shopping, you fantasize about programs you’ll one day create that will promote health care and provide healthy living. 

11) You drink water like it’s your job (and then awkwardly get up to pee in every class you have that day).

12) You are sick of people asking you what Public Health is because honestly it’s so broad it will take you hours to explain.

Juliana Casella

U Mass Amherst

Juliana Casella is a Junior at University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is double majoring in Public Health and Psychology. She is currently involved in the Public Health Club as well as Autism Speaks. She plans to study abroad in Prague, Czech Republic in the Spring. Her passions are traveling, coffee and a good novel.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst