This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you’ve ever watched MTV’s Girlcode you know that the cast has you laughing while you’re learning life tips. Girlcode is basically a collection of female comedians dishing on honest issues from purses to picking up guys to wine, and so much more. Oftentimes, they say the things you’re thinking, but in a more charming and witty way. I can’t be the only one who has found that the cast is so on point that it hurts. Here are some of the things I’ve picked up through binge-watching all of the seasons of GirlCode

1. The volume of things girls keep in purses, especially oversized ones, is at times ridiculous. Although it isn’t necessary to carry a box of tissues, enough makeup to costume a theater troupe, or the entire snack aisle of Big Y, we do it. 

2. Appreciating yourself is great. Self love is rad. That’s Girl Code’s motto.

3. Everyone feels gross sometimes. It’s natural to have those days where it’s physically painful to look in the mirror. 

4. The struggle with food and wanting a flattering appearance is so real. 

5. Those dieting need to do less. Talk less about that protein shake you had for breakfast and less about your workout this morning because those indulging around you DO NOT want to hear it. Trust me.

6. Embrace your emotions. Cry when you feel like it. 

7. It’s really limiting to let other people dictate your decisions. Wear what you want. You do you, girl. 

8. Periods come whenever they feel like it and that’s stressful for every girl.

9. Every girl wants a flashy engagement ring when the time comes, whether they admit it or not

10. Guys are really ignorant about makeup. Forget their opinions of what is natural because they are false 100% of the time. Girl code. 

11. Lets be honest, beauty in the media is largely fake. The girls in magazines like Cosmo we worship for their beauty are heavily-photoshopped.

12. The way to our hearts is not a maze. In fact, girls are incredibly easy to charm. Just throw some compliments our way and you’re golden

Photos: 123456789101112,

Elizabeth Lundin

U Mass Amherst

Liz is just your typical Massachusetts girl who shamelessly loves riding her bike and Netflix. She's one of three as a triplet(two brothers complete the ensemble).Shes working on her major in Psychology at U mass.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst