10 TV Series That Will Change Your Life

There comes a point in every girl’s life where she must ask herself what’s more important: sleep or Netflix? We are all guilty of it whether it's binge watching countless hours of our favorite series or perhaps becoming so obsessed with a new show that before you know it, 10 hours have passed and you are covered in Cheeto dust. Either way, there are some shows that are just too good to turn off. If you’re looking to rediscover an old favorite, or if you’re in need of something new, here’s a list of shows that stayed with us long after we watched them.

1) Friends

Friends is one of those shows that never gets old. Even though we’ve seen each episode at least five times, it never fails to make us laugh as hard as we did the first time.

2) Freaks and Geeks

Freaks and Geeks basically defined our high-school experience. Even if you couldn’t relate to Lindsay Weir, seeing James Franco, Jason Segel, and Seth Rogen in their prime teenage years is reason enough to watch all 11 episodes back-to-back.

3) Skins

If you’ve never seen Skins, you seriously need to reevaluate your priorities. It’s probably the only show that has simultaneously made us laugh and cry within a single scene. Side note: The US version is a failed attempt at replicating the vastly superior, UK original. The British series is the only socially acceptable version to watch.

4) The O.C.

In 50 years, our generation should look back on The O.C. (seasons 1-3, of course) as a timeless masterpiece. 'Til this day, I still dream of a relationship of that like Seth and Summer’s. Seriously, can we talk about slowmotion Ryan carrying an unconscious Marissa out of that rank Tijuana alley as Mazzy Star plays in the background? So powerful.

5) Lost

Where to begin? We should all take a moment of silence and rejoice in the beauty that was Lost. From the creepy music, to the smoke monster, to the polar bears. Most of the time we didn’t know what the hell was going on, but we still loved every minute of it. Throw in some shirtless Sawyer, and any scene between Penelope and Desmond and you have yourself a television phenomenon.