This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Let’s be real: coffee is a huge part of life, especially for Collegiettes. Caffeine gives us the energy to do the things we love to do, as well as the things we need to do. Without it most of us would probably skip more classes than we already do, and put our pants on backwards for the ones we do attend. Those of us who depend on caffeine can all relate to these common struggles:

1. We spend more money at Starbucks than we admit to others.

And we don’t mess around with the app. Each star counts!

2. Sometimes we lie about how many cups we have had in one day.

“One…or two…or ten.”

3. Our jaws literally drop when we find out that one of our friends does not use our drug of choice.

Once you go black, you don’t go back.

4. We’re convinced that going into cardiac arrest is a real possibility when we drink a little more than usual (or we have a cup after a few days of not having any).

Is all this shaking normal?

5. We tend to gravitate towards those who Alcoholics Anonymous would call, “enablers.”

We love not being judged for our borderline dangerous habits.

6. We just do not feel like ourselves without coffee.

It used to be something we drank to somehow feel like adults, but now it’s a part of our routines.

7. When we have a cup in our hands, we feel like everything is going to be okay.

It just feels right. Like seeing your best friend after going on a long trip, or coming home for Thanksgiving.

8. Waking up to an empty coffee pot when you know it was once full is a frustrating sight.

C’mon, Dad! I know you made some earlier when you woke up at the crack of dawn.

9. Having a friend or a date buy us coffee makes us feel like a million bucks.

What more could a Collegiette want?

10. We would be lost without our Keurigs.

It’s debatably a waste of money, but it’s just so nice to have when you need a cup to go.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Grace Olivia Brown

U Mass Amherst

Grace is from Lincoln, Massachusetts and beyond excited to be a part of UMass Amherst's chapter of Her Campus. As a senior, she is majoring in psychology with a letter of specialization in social welfare/social work and a letter of specializtion in developmental disabilities and human services. When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably joking around with her friends, shamelessly listening to Ariana Grande, or browsing the Benefit and Tarte sections of the Sephora website.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst