This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

These songs are perfect for a sweater weather type of day. 

Anthony Tran
Anthony Tran / Unsplash

“August” by Taylor Swift 

When Taylor Swift dropped her new album this year, I was so excited. This song describes a calm, fall day. It has light airy guitar strings and is so upbeat and calm.

“Sweater Weather”-Spotify Session Curated by Jim Eno – Song by The Neighborhood 

This version of Sweater Weather is acoustic, and it’s an absolute fall classic. It makes you feel like you’re at the beach on a fall windy day, but you’re still warm sitting by a fire with a sweater on. This song has been out for a while and it’s still in my top 10 songs ever because I just never get tired of it. This live acoustic version takes it to a different level. It makes it feel different enough, but also still has the same energy as the original.

“Cherry Wine” Live by Hozier

This song is so calming and warm. The lyrics are also just beautiful and poetic. His lyrics are quite sad, but the way he sings makes the song magical and lovely. His words “open hands or closed fists would be fine” describes how he just wants to be with her even though the relationship is toxic. Although this is a hard topic to talk about, he sings about it in a mesmerizing way. The song is very raw and juxtaposes the meaning of the song.

“8TEEN” by Khalid 

This song is so upbeat and fun. I love Khalid’s voice in this. It makes you feel like you’re driving out with your friends in a jeep or convertible car. This song gives a perfect reminiscence of summer and kind of a shift into the fall festivities. 

“Gimme Love” By Joji 

This song is the definition of soft pop. It’s so sweet but still super fun with its beat. It plays off with repetition and has such a cute, wholesome energy to it. It’s great for a relaxing, unwinding day. It’s also nice to play in the back while driving to the apple farms or carving a pumpkin at home.

“Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees 

This song is a throwback, and I absolutely love it. It has such high energy, and it just gets me pumped. Especially on a chilly fall day, I love listening to this song to get ready. It gets my mood up and just makes me so excited to start the day.

“Listerine” by Dayglow

“Listerine” has the best energy ever. When you listen to it, you’ll feel like you’re the main character in an 80s movie. This song just puts you in a good mood, and I love listening to it when I’m driving around.  

“Electric” by Alina Baraz (feat. Khalid) 

Alina Baraz’s voice in this song is so stunning! The whole song is so smooth, beautiful, and ethereal. This song never fails to give me chills. Khalid’s voice goes so well with Alina Baraz. If you love Khalid’s music, I would definitely check out her music too. 

“Pretty Face” by PUBLIC

This song reminds me of “Jessie’s Girl” by Rick Springfield, but it’s a softer version. It’s such a cute, upbeat song. I would listen to this if I’m baking some fall treats or going on a hike. This song has been my week’s obsession, and I can’t get it out of my head.

“All I wanted” by Paramore

This song is from 2015, but after seeing the TikTok challenges of the climax, I’ve been listening to it nonstop. I love the build up to the “All I wanted was you” lyric towards the middle of the song. It gives me chills every time, and I can’t help but try to sing along.  

Are you ready for that pumpkin-spiced up playlist?

Caitlin Lu

U Mass Amherst '23

Caitlin is studying Marketing as a sophomore, and she enjoys making youtube videos, trying a new workout class, and learning about photography.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst