10 Sloth GIFs to Distract You from the Political Posts on Your Newsfeed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

This election cycle has taken social media campaigning to a whole new level and everyone is dying to share their opinions, whether we asked for it or not. No one can escape the articles, statuses, or memes of spirited support and aggressive opposition. And I’m personally beginning to get sick of it. So here are 10 sloths to distract you for a little bit from the chaos known as the 2016 presidential election. 

1. This little fella doesn’t want your votes.

He just wants vegetables. He doesn’t have any fundraising money or super PACs, but if he did he would just spend the money on more veggies because he has his priorities straight.

2. The economy might not be perfect and the unemployment rate could always improve, but this sloth is petting a cat so stop worrying.

Hakuna matata. The minimum wage may change but a friendship like this is forever.

3. Sure, you can complain about secret emails and the lack of transparency in our government.

Or you can watch these adorable babies in PJs cuddle. I recommend the latter.

4. Don’t bother asking this guy about fracking because he doesn’t want to listen!

He’s too busy rubbing his tummy! Plus he is a sloth, so he lacks the higher cognitive ability to process environmental issues… But he sure is cute.

5. This sloth does not care if you build a wall to keep her out of the United States.

She can fly, so one measly wall can’t stop her. She’ll fly over it and she’ll have fun doing it. Levitation > deportation

6. Foreign Policy?

More like SNORIN’ policy! Because sloths can sleep up to 20 hours a day. Cue jealousy of all sleep-deprived college students.

7. So maybe your favorite candidate is falling in the polls.

This sloth is just flat-out falling and it’s precious. (*no sloths were harmed in the making of this article)

8. Worried about health care costs?

Take a tip from all of sloth-kind. Eat plenty of veggies and get plenty of sleep. Problem solved. You know what they say: A plate full of plants and extensive naps everyday keeps the doctor/vet away!

9. No matter your political party, race, gender, age, income, religious affiliation, or anything else this sloth just wants you to have this tiny flower.

10. Yikes… Actually this one is making me feel a bit uneasy.

I’m not sure what it is but I feel like I shouldn’t trust him… You might be better off going back to those political posts instead of dealing with him.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Rachel Teevens.

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst