10 Reasons Why Boston Sports Teams Are the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With all the recent excitement over the World Series, we thought we should take a look at why we love Boston sports so much and why the Red Sox, the Bruins, the Patriots and the Celtics are, and always will be, some of the best teams out there.

1. Because Boston teams are some of the most charismatic ones out there

2. Because Boston sports teams have won 8 championships in the past 10 years

3. Because Boston fans are the craziest, the most dedicated, and the most passionate.

4. Because in the aftermath of tragedy, our teams have only added to our list of reasons why we’re proud to be from Boston

5. Because nobody does an angry hockey fight better than the Bruins

6. Because Boston is basically synonymous with comeback city

Boston teams are amazing at upping the ante and coming back to defeat odds. Some moments worth mentioning are: Tom Brady’s 17-yard touchdown pass with 5 seconds left to beat the Saints, Patrice Bergeron’s overtime goal to beat Toronto in Game 7, the Red Sox’s defeat of the Yankees in 2004’s ACLS after being down 3 games to none, and the Celtic’s 24-point rally to beat the Lakers in 2008.

7. Because we have some of the best looking athletes

8. Because all teams love to see each other win

9. Because of our traditions

10. Because our athletes are extremely proud of the city they play for

Go Boston!

Mariah Scafidi

U Mass Amherst

Mariah is a journalism major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She minors in education and hopes to pursue a career in sports and entertainment journalism. She has a penchant for being overly dramatic about celebrities and athletes she doesn't know. You can follow her on Twitter @ryescaf.