10 Items You’ll Absolutely Love This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s April, which means the sunny weather and the warmer temperatures are heading our way, Collegiettes! As the new season approaches, there are a few wardrobe additions that every girl needs to welcome the sun in style.

1) Round Neck Coat with Zip; Salmon – Zara $159.00

This year’s seasonal trend seems to be pastels in every color. This salmon oversized coat is a simple statement piece that will add brightness to every outfit of your choosing. The coat is necessary for those breezy days when the sun just isn’t warm enough.

2) Maxi Chiffon Tube Dress; Multiple Colors – Forever 21 $12.80

A simple piece for every occasion, this maxi strapless dress comes in so many colors that will match every one of your moods. You can dress it up for your girls’ night out or your date-night with that special someone, but you can also dress it down for a shopping trip or a coffee date. The cinched waistline will make you look slimmer and the bright colors will compliment your smile. This dress is absolutely a must for your closet.

3) Dot Mesh With Me Blouse – tobi.com $19.00

This cute and elegant blouse has two elements that are always in style: transparency and polka dots. These two will never go out of style and will always make you look great. This blouse can be paired with a cute skirt or a comfy pair of jeans – this is the perfect blouse for a chic sunny day. 

4) BDG Twig High-Rise Jean; BlackUrban Outfitters $58.00

Jeans are essential in every Collegiettes’ closet, but this pair is simply exquisite. High waisted pants are all the craze right now, and their slim fit will make your bum and legs look fantastic, plus you can’t go wrong with a black pair. Paired with a cute blouse or a casual graphic tee, these pants can be worn at any time of day!

5) VIA LIMONI FRANCIS; Black or YellowKate Spade $198.00

A tote bag is a necessary accessory for this upcoming spring season. From walking to class, to walking around the mall, to strolling on a beach, a large tote bag, like Kate Spade’s Via Limoni Francis is ideal and the classic but elegant pattern can match anything. 

6) Olivvia Platform Sandal; Black, Brown, GreySteve Madden $79.95

The greatest shoe fashions this season are strapped sandals and platform heels. Steve Madden’s Olivvia combines two styles that’ll give you a great feminine look with a casual style and the necessary boost in height. This wedge can be worn on a daily basis, and you’ll definitely get your money’s worth of chic. 

7) Bold Tiered Bib Necklace; Black, BlueForever 21 $12.80

Any outfit can be classed up with a statement necklace. Forever 21 has a great collection of floral, chunky, or tiered necklaces. A statement necklace can be worn on any occasion, at any time of the day, and can definitely class an outfit up.

8) Show Off Floppy Sun HatForever 21 $14.80

Nothing says spring fling like a floppy hat. This piece can be worn on a casual day with a pair of sunnies or for a stroll on the beach. A big floppy hat is not only a stylish choice this season, but a great way to protect yourself from that scorching sun.

9) COLOR SENSATIONAL® VIVIDS LipstickMaybelline $7.49

The warmer weather brings a smile to your lips. So flaunt your smile with Maybelline’s Color Sensational Collection. All the bright colors are perfect for this season, and with lips wearing Vivid Rose or Brazen Berry, who can resist you?

10) Essie Resort Fling: Alluring Coral PeachEssie $8.50

A girl can’t go anywhere without properly manicured nails. Essie’s new line of spring colors is so cute that you’ll be astounded by their choices and versatility. But have no fear, there are plenty of colors to go around; from Alluring Coral Peach to Find me an Oasis, there’s a color to match anything in your wardrobe.

Happy Spring, Collegiettes!

Irene Tzelalis

U Mass Amherst

I am a junior at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, majoring in Psychology. I was born and raised in Athens, Greece until I came to study in the United States. I have family from New York and Egypt and love different cultures. I have an obsession with clothes and wish I could have majored in Fashion. My hobbies range from online shopping, to reading, to swimming, but I absolutely love writing. I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus UMass.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst