Your Guide to the Best Friendsgiving Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Friendsgiving is a time to show your gratitude to those who keep you sane during the semester. Here’s the top 5 tips on how to have the Friendsgiving of the year.

1. Don’t make everything yourself

During most Friendsgiving’s, people try to do potluck but the hosts still end up making the most. Make sure you have an organized list of who’s coming and what they are bringing. This way you’ll have everything needed for the feast. Just remember as a host you make the turkey!

1. Keep décor simple

Like everyone does, you’ll probably be scrounging around Pinterest for the best and greatest décor for Friendsgiving. Don’t go overboard. Simplicity has its own elegance that is perfect for thanksgiving season.

1. Have place settings for everyone

Place settings give an elegance to the Friendsgiving and makes your guests feel special.  It adds the perfect touch to the table.

1. Make sure to have different types of dessert

Dessert is the easiest thing for most people to bring. Make sure you have different types: pies, cookies etc. You can have multiple types of cookies making there be a spread of flavor and maybe the chance to try something new.

1. Have Fun

Sounds easier said than done. Hosting Friendsgiving can be stressful but remember it’s about celebrating being grateful for those who care about you in your life so have fun!

We hope these tips are helpful for you in creating a memorable Friendsgiving with the people you love!

Photos: 1

Ali is a third year Mechanical Engineering major at the University of Maine. She enjoys volunteering with FIRST Robotics, reading and spending time with friends.
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.