Style > Beauty

Your First Tattoo As Told By Leslie Knope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Getting your first tattoo can be an experience filled with so many different kinds of emotions. Deciding to get a tattoo is super exciting! Whether you’ve wanted one for a while or just spontaneously decided to go for it, it’s an exciting experience!

Maybe you already know what you want, or maybe you don’t. Either way, deciding what tattoo design you want can be hard.

Booking the appointment can lead to a “holy sh*t this is actually happening” reaction

After booking the appointment but before getting the tattoo is just a lot of anticipation. What if I don’t like it? What if it doesn’t come out good? Maybe I should back out…

Day of the appointment means you are incredibly excited again!

You’re probably also pretty nervous the day of, and may need to pump yourself up.

Getting a tattoo can be a little painful, especially if you’re getting a tattoo somewhere sensitive like ribs or feet, so during the appointment you may feel like this:

Seeing your new tattoo for the first time can lead to an emotional reaction.

And finally, you’ll probably feel like a total badass for actually getting your first tattoo.

All images are owned by NBC

Kelly is a senior Business Management student at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority and enjoys spending time with her friends, travelling, and learning new things.
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.