You Know You Love Me: Gossip Girl Weekly Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Ahhh the joys of fall – pumpkin coffee, stylish sweaters and, of course, the return of Gossip Girl. Welcome back to a new year my faithful little Gossip Girlers, this is HerCampus’s Gossip Guy back on the scene bringing you the one recap you know you want to read. With the school year just beginning and your favorite show back from break, let’s hope that both live up to our high expectations.

L.A., what a sinful place it can be. Especially when you’re trading town cars for luxury yachts. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my years as a viewer, it’s not the location that matters, but how you adapt to your newfound surroundings. And from the looks of things, everyone is adapting perfectly well. Wedding invitations, my how they bring such joy to friends & family. Something tells me that this may be one wedding Chuck doesn’t set foot near. Meanwhile back East, Blair and Prince Louie are back in the city from an especially royal summer. We just hope finally being royal lives up to its expectations.

Yikes Vanessa. Looks like the gig is up with the mystery writer scandal. But come now, you know how the Upper East Side is – did you really expect it to remain a secret for long? British Vogue, a dream for any young, beautiful girl. This dream becomes reality when you’re marrying royalty. The only downfall – tradition. Even though you may already have your dream dress B, you must abide by all the rules if you want to be wearing the crown one day.

There are many things Prince Louie shouldn’t know about Blair, all of them in the unpublished story by Mr. Humphrey. With a little of Dan’s encouragement, Louie is willing and able to stop the story from production and ruining their picturesque lifestyle. If only Blair could trust her future king unconditionally, he always has your best interests at heart.

Chuck finds Blair’s wedding invitation and you can already see the wheels turning in his mind. Oh Chuck, will you be a goodboy and leave everything alone or play your typical role and intervene as you see fit? Just remember, Blair’s happiness is ultimately at stake. What is it with seductive, older women playing with our 2 favorite men? It must be an L.A. thing. They say cougars are one of the fiercest cats in the jungle. Just watchout boys, you don’t want to be bitten.

Serena, how many times have you been played on the other coast? You should see a setup coming from a mile away. Actors and drugs don’t tend to mix well. It seems someone has it out for you, just be sure to watch your back. With Louie MIA for the big ball, a desperate Blair runs to Dan for help, wanting to call off her engagement and escape to the Hamptons with him. What will it be, Blair? 

Chucks fast living comes out from underneath him, literally. His new elderly friend is concerned with his dangerous ways, so concerned in fact that she wants nothing to do with him. I’m sure there are plenty of fish in the sea; you are a Bass, after all. Reality dawns on Serenaand she realizes that there are people who actually depend on their jobs, those who can’t pounce around with the Van der Woodsen name. Be careful whose toes you tread on, you certainly don’t want to piss off the wrong people.

Lonely Boy’s nice deed backfires and Blair learns the truth of her Prince’s absence. Ever heard the saying, “if you love something let it go?” Some fairytale endings just aren’t meant to be Dan. Eleanor confronts Blair to see if she’s the one who’s expecting. Dorota, always faithful, steps in to confess that it’s her that is expecting, once again. Let’s hope that’s the only secret to be uncovered.

Bad tailoring can tend cause problems, either that or there’s a bun in the oven for one future Princess. It’s time to come clean B, there’s no way you can stop this one from coming out. Well, well, well– look who’s trying to start over in LA as well. If it isn’t cousin Charlie, or is it Ivy? Hmm. But if there’s one thing she needs to learn, it’s that you can run, but you never can really hide.

Until next time, you know you love me.

XOXO,

Jossip Gurl

P.S. Next Week – Will secrets finally be revealed and just how far can Chuck Bass push himself before it all comes crumbling down.