Will Joe Biden Run for President?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

We all loved watching Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s bromance develop during their time in the White House, along with all the solid memes that came out of it. There has been speculation of whether or not Biden will decide to run for the election of 2020, and only recently did Biden provide somewhat of an answer. He recently told Vanity Fair “I haven’t decided to run, but I’ve decided I’m not going to decide not to run”. Here’s what it could mean if Biden ran in 2020:

• Support for Education

This would mean more funding for schools, recognizing the need for smaller classrooms to ensure the No Child Left Behind Act is carried on

• Support for the Environment

Reducing greenhouse gases, promoting renewable energy, more awareness of climate control

• Support for Gun Control

Biden supports reinstating a federal ban on semi-automatic weapons and thinks it should not be so easy to buy a weapon. He supports ending the gun show loophole, saying that it should not be easier for a person to walk into a gun show and buy a gun more easily than at a gun store

• Support for Public Health Care

He was given a 100% approval rating by the American Public Health Association and thinks that health care should be available to all people

• Support of LGBT Issues

Biden believes all people have the same civil rights and liberties. He supports adding sexual orientation in the criteria for a hate crime

• Support for Women

Joe drafted the Violence Against Women Act in 1994 and it was signed into law. It provided $1.6 billion for investigation and prosecution of crimes committed against women among other things. He states that this Act was one of the most significant things he has done during his 35 years in the Senate

• Support for Agriculture

As Senator, he supported the farm bill and has long since been a strong supporter in combating the problem of invasive species

Not to mention, he is just a badass of a person. Here’s to hoping he turns his not not running into running for the presidential election of 2020!

1,2,3,4,5

Reyleigh is a fourth year psychology major with a minor in business administration at the University of Maine. Reyleigh loves to travel, go to the ocean, take pictures, make art and spend time with family and friends. In her free time you can find her cuddling with her 12 year old English setter.