Why February 15th is the Best Day in February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Everyone raves about February 15th being the best day in February for the pure fact that all things Valentines day is on sale. We’ve been eyeing things since the Valentine’s day things were put on shelves in late December. Here are a few reasons why February 15th is the best day in February.

1. Discounted Stuffed animals

We’ve all seen those giant bears or the character we love in stuffed animal form holding cute signs for Valentine’s day. None of which have been in our college budgets to purchase for ourselves. Best part is that now everything being a hefty percentage off, we can treat ourselves to them adorableness. Even if you don’t like the Valentine’s Day saying just simply cut that part off.

2. Discounted Décor

There is always so much décor for the holiday. However, the best stuff you cant always get. Now you can on the 15th to have cute décor to spruce up your room or save for the next year.

3. No awkwardness/pressure

Valentine’s day causes so much pressure on couples and dates. Now you can go out, enjoy a meal with you significant other and there’s no pressure to have the “perfect holiday”.

4. Less Crowds

This goes hand in hand with less pressure. There won’t be a huge wait for that cool new restaurant or that restaurant that you’ve been wanting to go to for date night. The dayay after the 14th  means less wait and less people to deal with.

5. Discounted Chocolate/ Candy

This happens to be my absolute favorite reason why the 15th is the best day. It’s sort of like the day after Halloween. Discounted candy. The reason it’s better than after Halloween is because Valentine’s Day means a bit fancier chocolate to the normal old chocolate bar. The candy is always at a decent price so yes you can get that big box of chocolates you always wanted.

Photos: 1

Ali is a third year Mechanical Engineering major at the University of Maine. She enjoys volunteering with FIRST Robotics, reading and spending time with friends.
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.