What’s in your bag? The Ski Bunny Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Must-haves for a weekend getaway to the mountain 

Whether you’re looking for holiday gift ideas for the ski bum in your life or just need some help packing for an upcoming weekend mountain getaway- we have all the essential products to help get you through the season.

Pick your hardware

Dakine Jetsetter Collection ($165) This 3-in-1 luggage set offers great organization for your getaway.  With a roller for your biggest items (boots, sweaters, chunky scarfs), a duffle bag to keep your important possessions at hand (cellphone, wallet, a change of clothes-just in case your luggage gets lost in translation between flights) and a beauty kit to store your personal items, staying organized for your adventure is made easy.   Get this collection or search for others at dakine.com

Layering is key

Patagonia Women’s Capilene Top ($45) and Bottoms ($45)- To keep you dry and warm on the mountain, opt for Patagonia’s Capilene base layers.  This material is lightweight but also provides great insulation, so it transitions well from the frigid December days to the warmer days of the spring ski season.  Check these and other layering options at patagonia.com

Burton Women’s Weekender Two-Pack ($29.95)- No matter how great the conditions, your day on the mountain can be totally ruined with the wrong socks.  These stretchy, breathable, quick-drying socks are an essential item to your ski ensemble, and with this two-pack, they’re perfect for a weekend trip.  Find these at burton.com

For the technologically savvy

Canon Powershot D10 ($329)- This damage proof camera was named on Forbes list of the Best Digital Cameras To Take On Vacation.  To capture memories on and off the mountain, the Canon Powershot can withstand everything from big falls on the slopes to beer spills in the lodge bar.  Find this at canon.com

The North Face Women’s ETip Glove ($40)- To avoid the risk of dropping your glove off the lift during a song change on your iPod or by making a phone call, go with the ETip glove.  These technology-friendly gloves allow you to use your electronics without the hassle of removing your gloves. Find these at thenorthface.com

Apple iPhone Fisheye, Macro/Wide Angel and Telephoto Lenses ($49)- If you’d prefer to leave your camera at home, these interchangeable magnetic lenses are perfect for snapping great shots from your iPhone.  Find this at http://photojojo.com/

Lodge attire

Joe’s ‘Chelsea’ Skinny Stretch Denim ($79)- After a long day on the mountain, the last thing you want to do is to slip into stiff, constricting jeans.  The array of colorful Joe’s stretch denim offers plenty of comfort without sacrificing style.   Get these or search for other colors at nordstrom.com

Islington Slouchy Southwestern Cardigan ($88)- This chunky knit is great for post-ski attire.  Resist the urge to jump into your pajamas after a tiresome day of skiing and throw on an equally as comfy, slouchy cardigan.  The bright Southwestern motif is a must-have to lighten your wardrobe during the darkest months of winter.  Find this at nordstrom.com

Urban Outfitteres Basketweave Ear Warmer ($24)- Keep warm when you’re off the slopes with a great knit headband.  Chose from a variety of knit headbands and beanies at urbanoutfitters.com

To complete your look, don a pair of this winters greatest snow boots found here: http://www.hercampus.com/school/umaine/kick-winter-blues-these-fabulous-boots

Sources: Dakine, Patagonia, Burton, The North Face, Canon, Photojojo, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters