This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Campus Celebrity: FIJI’s Light the Night Walk

© Dylan Darienzzo                                                               

This past Friday, over 160 students from various organizations and Greek Life gathered at the Phi Gamma Delta house to help support FIJI’s 4th Annual Light the Night Walk The event is held in honor of their late brother, Gary Nealey who passed away from Leukemia in 2009.

© Dylan Darienzzo                                                                                                  

A parade of red and white balloons could be seen leaving the FIJI house and making their way down College Ave. to the Alfond Arena. The crowd looped around campus to return back to the Phi Gamma Delta house.  The brotherhood successfully raised over $1000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society which brought their total for the past four years to a total around $4000.

Erin Vogel is a Senior at the University of Maine majoring in Abnormal/Social Psychology with a minor in Child Development and Family Relations.
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.