Weekly Workout: Good Morning Yoga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Weekly Workout: Good Morning Yoga

Getting back into the swing of classes and waking up early can be a struggle for even a morning person. Lessen this love/hate relationship by jump-starting your morning with a quick, good morning yoga sequence.

The poses will not only stretch and awaken your muscles, but also help elongate and slim those trouble areas. Hold each pose for 30 seconds and be sure to alternate sides on poses numbered 3 through 6. Remember to never over stretch but to push yourself only a little past your comfort zone in order to see improved flexibility and balance. Do this every day and see the early morning laziness dwindle away!

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3761/Good-Morning-Yoga-Sequence.html

Olivia is a senior pursuing a Marketing degree at the University of Maine at Orono. Besides being a co-branch correspondent for the Her Campus UMaine Branch, she is the business manager for the University of Maine student newspaper, The Maine Campus. One of her many interests is fashion and writes as a contributing fashion writer for Her Campus UMaine. Olivia hopes to land a career in the industry after graduation.