Wear Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Happy October! It’s that beautiful time of year again where the weather gets crisp and the gorgeous fall foliage is out in full effect! Maine is absolutely one of the best places to enjoy everything this colorful autumn season has to offer. In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I have designed this week’s outfits to feature fun and bright pink items! By purchasing some of these items, a percentage of proceeds go to benefit Breast Cancer research. For example, $1 from every bottle of nail polishes like the chic pink hue of NARS nail polish in “Trouville,” and Nails Inc “Pinkie Pink” sold goes toward the Breast Cancer Campaign and about 16 cents will be donated to the charity for every Instagram or tweet posted. What is better than adding a cute item to your wardrobe guilt free for a great cause? These first three outfits feature adorable three quarter sleeve pink dresses that are flirty, fab, and comfy.

The first is an eyelet floral print dress with cut outs at the hip from ASOS, paired with stylish fall ankle booties for just $28 from KStoresUSA.com, simply Kate Spade studs, and a chic gold watch for only $18  from GoJane.com.  

The second outfit is a stunning fuschia chiffon dress with an unique open back triangle string design from UsTrendy.com paired with a pink and turquoise statement necklace for $26 from Francesca’s, and comfy NordstromRack.com nude ballet flats.

The third dress is a bright pink flowy mini dress with open sleeves from MissGuidedUS.com paired with an oversized white clutch and nude pumps for $26 from TheIconic.com.

The last outfit  is a classic white tank with a fashionable pink open blazer from ChicNova.com, paired with the prefect dark wash skinny jeans for just $26 at H&M, accessories with a stylish orange and pink jewel necklace. To finish this chic look I paired two amazing shoe deals. The first is a must-have pair of  Top-Sider Sperry’s called the “Angelfish Boat Shoe” with a metallic lattice panel on each side on sale at NorstromRack.com for an unbelievable deal, originally $90 now only $35. The second shoe is a steal and a fall season essential, these Carmel knee high heel boot are just $35 at Jserene.com. Wear pink for a cause and look chic all season! Check it out live here
Julia Adrianna Sivakoff Mass Communications Major Graphic Design Minor
Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.