Ultra Music Festival 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Electronic Dance Music, (EDM) has taken off in the past 5 years. If you haven’t noticed, it’s everywhere! One of the best things about EDM are the festivals surrounding it. They are one magical dance party. People come together for one thing and one thing only – the love of music. One of the greatest festivals known is Ultra Music Festival (UMF) in Miami, FL. Miami is where all the big players debut new songs to be released in the following year. It’s a chance for the artists to showcase their abilities while doing what they love.

With over 7 stages, 165,000 people from 80 different countries and 208,000 people streaming live on Sunday alone, it is no wonder Ultra is EPIC! This years Ultra Music Festival was one that made history! UMF celebrated the 15th year of one of the biggest dance parties on the planet. It took place over 2 weekends; 6 days of pure electronic madness. There are so many great things that took place: Hardwell setting the bar on day 1, Steve Aoki “Caking” the crowd, Armin Van Buurens’ closing set on day 3 and of course the final performance of Swedish House Mafia. Other EDM heavyweights included Deadmau5, Above and Beyond, Fedde Le Grand, David Guetta, Tiesto and many more!

Instead of rambling on, it would be best to simply listen . Ultra is something I can’t put into words – I’d rather show you why this years Ultra 15 was completely insane! As Swedish House Mafia would say, WE CAME. WE RAVED. WE LOVED! So long Ultra, see you next year!

Here’s a list of my top 10 favorite sets from UMF:

Nicky Romero

Hardwell

Armin Van Buuren

Kaskade

Deadmau5

Tiesto

Swedish House Mafia

David Guetta

Calvin Harris

Bingo Players