Top 5 Cruelty Free Makeup Brands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Everyone has their go-to makeup brands that they love and swear by, but are they worth it? Using products that have been tested on animals is no good for anyone or the animal. Today there are so many cruelty free brands ranging from high end to drugstore that’ll make you replace your entire beauty collection.

1. COLOURPOP

Colourpop products range from eyeshadow pigments to super shock shadows, intensely pigmented highlighters and even brow pencils. A new collection they just launched was a no filter concealer, a set of brushes and even a crushed crystals liquid highlighter. Colourpop started in 2014 and since then they have topped the charts. Selling out every time they launched a new product and products they usually have, being a cruelty free brand is just another reason to buy from them.

2. MILK MAKEUP

Milk Makeup serves up a new unique way of makeup. The range of products and colors each one comes in, makes making a bold statement is easy. From their iconic holographic highlighter to the silicone free blur stick, every product is a must in your day to day makeup look. A favorite is the cooling water (it’s vegan too!) which will help if you have an early class and need a pick me up for your eyes. A brand that prides themselves on giving a truly unique look and cruelty free products, what’s better than that!

3. KAT VON D BEAUTY

Priding on her company to be cruelty free, with some products being vegan as well, Kat Von D has created a company with a strong following with cult products. The lock it foundation is well known for being full coverage to combat acne and even cover tattoos! One of her most popular products is her Everlasting liquid lipstick in the shade Lolita, being so popular there was a follow up shade called Lolita II. On top of being cruelty free she has created a vegan line, consisting of an eyeshadow palette with 24 shades, perfume, and contour brushes.

4. ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS

Anyone who lives by their brows, knows that a brow product will either make your brows pop or increase the look of a unibrow. Anastasia’s brow products have created a revolution. The brow gel and brow pomade are among the cult favorites customers love. Not only do they have an amazing collection of brow products, but a variety of eyeshadow palettes and a high pigmented highlight collection. Every product they carry will have someone stopping you and asking what you use.

5. ELF

Being a middle school staple, ELF cosmetics has been with everyone through every stage of their life. A drugstore brand that is worthy of being in Sephora makes the charts. On top of being cruelty free, the prices are what draw people in. In need of a quick fix for a setting spray or soft makeup brushes at an affordable cost, ELF is the way to go.

Photo: 1

Taylor is a third-year at the University of Maine, studying Business with a concentration in marketing. She loves feminist magazines, short films, and clothes- lots of them. Insta @pasedente
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.