Thanksgiving Drinks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Thanksgiving Drinks

It’s getting close to the eve before Thanksgiving when college students reconnect with their high school classmates and catch up. Impress all your old friends (21+, obviously) with these Thanksgiving-themed drinks!

Turkey and Sage

Ingredients:

20 fresh sage leaves

4 ounces of Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon

2 tablespoons of pumpkin butter

½ ounce of lemon juice, from one lemon

4 dashes of angostura bitters

1. Saving some of the sage leaves for garnish, muddle the leaves in a cocktail shaker.

2. Fill the shaker with ice. Add bourbon, pumpkin butter, lemon juice, and bitters. Shake until well-chilled (for about 20 seconds)

3. Pour into coupe glasses and float the remaining sage leaves on top of each drink.

Grapefruit and Ginger Sparkler

Ingredients:

1 ounce fresh squeezed grapefruit juice

½ ounce of Domaine de canton ginger liqueur

3-4 ounces Prosecco or other sparkling wine

Grape fruit wedge to garnish

1. Pour the grapefruit juice and Domain de Canton in a champagne glass. Gently pour the prosecco over top until glass is nearly full. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.

Bitter and Bold Sangria

Ingredients:
2 cups red wine

½ cup of cranberry syrup

5 ounces of bourbon (Four Roses Yellow Label)

5 ounces Campari

1 orange, quartered and sliced into wheels

Chilled seltzer for serving

Fresh cranberries, halved lengthwise

1. Combine red wine, cranberry syrup, bourbon, and Compari in a quart jar or pitcher and stir to combine. Add half the orange sliced and refrigerate until completely cool.

2. To serve, put around ½ cup of the sangria concentrate into each glass and top with 2-3 ounces of seltzer. Garnish with one or two of the remaining orange slices and a small handful of halved fresh cranberries.

For more delicious Thanksgiving drinks, go here!

Erin Vogel is a Senior at the University of Maine majoring in Abnormal/Social Psychology with a minor in Child Development and Family Relations.
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.