Ten Minutes to Get Ready? No Problem!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Hit the snooze button one (or four) too many times this morning?  No worries.  We have all been there before.  Whether you were up late studying in the library or promised your friend ‘just one more drink’ at the bar on their birthday, we have all been in this sticky situation.  Your best defense?  Always be prepared.

Lauren Conrad compiled an easy five-step process to get you out the door fast, withoutlooking like you just rolled out of bed.

Cushion your time with the right clothes.  Conrad suggests having two emergency outfits on call or, if all else fails, going all black and using accessories to dress up an outfit.  No matter what your M.O., keep it simple.  Go for jeans, a simple white tee and a scarf. 

Use your stash of double duty beauty products.  The only thing scarier than seeing yourself in your rearview mirror on your way to class with dark circles under your eyes is seeing your rushed (and probably failed) attempt at a smokey eye.  If you’re running short on time, keep the makeup to a minimum.  A natural face always looks better, anyway.  Conrad suggests keeping tinted moisturizer, a lash curler, mascara and a blush stick that doubles as a lip tint, on hand.  A tinted moisturizer will give you light coverage while offering SPF protection.  Curling your lashes and added a coat or two of mascara will instantly brighten your eyes, making you appear more awake than you are.  A blush stick can be used to brighten and highlight your cheek bones as well as add some color to your lips.  No blush stick?  Apply some chapstick on the run to give your lips some life.

Know your knots.  Unless you have flawless hair, Conrad suggests going for an easy ponytail or bun.  If your hair tends to be greasy, invest in some dry shampoo to absorb excess oil.  We suggest purchasing TRESemme’s Dry Shampoo next time you’re at the store.  Just in case. 

Eat on the go.  The only thing that can make a late start even worse is an empty stomach.  Be sure to keep some granola bars and fruit handy, so you can take them with you.  Keep a few extras in your purse or car if you ever find yourself in a time crunch.  Try one of Kashi’s many great whole grain granola bars to keep you full longer.

Arrive with grace.  Stressing over a late start can turn a bad morning into an even worse day.  Conrad advises not getting too caught up in your mistakes and be sure to call those expecting you to let them know you will be late.  Don’t let a rough morning put you on the fast track to an awful day.  Take a breath, and relax- its not the end of the world.

Photo Credit- Google Images
http://www.laurenconrad.com/post/think-fast-how-to-get-ready-in-10-minutes-or-less