This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As the snow starts to melt away and the weather gets warmer (somewhat), people start to pack away those heavy winter jackets and take out those old spring and summer clothes. The malls become busy and that debit card starts to drop in numbers, but what are people actually going to purchase for the spring and summer months?

There’s a lot of new styles that are fashionable and also a lot of styles that have been coming back and are fashionably acceptable. Here are a few fashion tips that will help your spring closet thrive and won’t break the bank.

1. Florals

Yes it may seem very basic, but a few pieces of clothing that have a floral pattern are perfect for the spring.

2. Slip-on sneakers

These are perfect for a casual outfit or if you want to be dressy. They are stylish and SO comfortable. The best part about slip on sneakers is that the colors and patterns are limitless and very affordable!

3. Vintage jeans

According to magazines like Seventeen and About Style, vintage jeans are an old trend that is coming back and are a flattering fit for any body type.

4. Lace up sandals

Also another great shoe that goes with just about anything and you are able to find them just about anywhere for low prices!

5. T-shirt dresses

These are the perfect dresses for just about anything and the best part about t-shirt dresses is that they never really go out of style. so stock up on these for the upcoming months!

6. Lace EVERYTHING

You can buy lace tanks, long sleeves, bodysuits, dresses, skirts and yes, even pants! Lace is perfect if you want to feel a little more dressed up for the day and is perfect if you need a day into night outfit.

7. Chokers

Yes, chokers have been pretty popular for a while now, but for the spring stay away from the dark colors like black and try to find more pastel colors. They are the perfect accessory for any outfit!

Spring is right around the corner, so get shopping!

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Sources: 1, 2

Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.