This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Sorority Saturday is a new weekly feature that showcases some of the incredible women we have in Greek Life on our campus! This is our very first installment! If you like what you see and want to be featured or want to nominate someone else please use this link!

Bailey Casino is our very first featured sorority woman! She is a fourth year Communication Sciences and Disorders major with a double minor in Child Development and Family Relations and Disability Studies. Bailey joined Alpha Omicron Pi (known as AOII) in her first year at UMaine. She has loved every minute of it! Through AOII, Bailey has gained friendships, considerable communication skills, and a level of confidence she had no idea was possible as a first year.

Originally very shy, Bailey was surprised at how much being apart of AOII and taking on leadership roles caused her to gain a voice and become a confident leader. In her chapter Bailey has held two executive positions. In her third year, she was the Vice President of New Member Education. Her job was to educate the new members about the history and expectations of AOII, welcoming them into their chapter before they become sisters. Bailey currently serves as the Vice President of Communications. She is in charge of all of their Public Relations, including the AOII Facebook and Instagram. You can see how much effort Bailey puts into her position just by how awesome their insta feed looks! (You can check them out @aoiiumaine).

A hardworking and well-rounded woman, Bailey keeps herself busy with many commitments besides her sorority obligations. She is a part of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association, as well as a member of the Students Academy of Audiology club. Best Buddies, an organization on campus that connects students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD’s) with student volunteers and gives them opportunities to make friends and have pleasant college experiences, is something else that Bailey is really passionate about. Bailey has helped raise money with AOII for both the Arthritis Foundation and the Juvenile Arthritis Foundation, feeling particularly connected with the children who are suffering from something people generally associate with adults. She has also spent time volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House and Eastern Maine Medical Center.

Bailey plans to get her Speech Language Pathologist Assistant License after graduating from UMaine this May and work as an SPLA in schools. She also plans to go on to graduate school in order to get a Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology, with which she would become a Licensed Speech Pathologist in her home state of Massachusetts. Bailey is dedicated, talented, and selfless. Her drive to help others is inspirational. Best of luck Bailey with all of your endeavors, thank you for being so incredible and being a role model for the women of UMaine and of Greek Life!

I’ll leave you all with a little bit of advice from Bailey!

“If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to rush college, I would tell myself to let life happen and not worry about the future but live more in the moment!”

Claudia was born and raised in Saginaw, Michigan and now attends the University of Maine as a fourth year transfer student. As a former congressional intern, Claudia’s interests include politics, voting, and keeping up with current events.
Camille is a fourth-year Political Science major with minors in Leadership Studies and Legal Studies at the University of Maine. She is the Editor in Chief for her chapter, competes in competitive Mock Trial, and is the Treasurer of the Pre-Law Society. Her future plans are to graduate in 2020 and attend law school.