Shawn Johnson Opens Up about Miscarriage

As many may know, Shawn Johnson was an Olympic gymnast who holds the 2008 Olympic balance beam gold medalist title. Additionally, she was the winner of the season 8 Dancing with the Stars. In 2016, she married the love of her life, pro football player Andrew East.

The couple recently announced they were 6 weeks pregnant only to suffer tragic news of a miscarriage 2 days later. Her pregnancy was not planned, but Johnson was so happy to tell her husband they were expecting. With such a short amount of time between finding out she was pregnant and hearing that she lost the baby, the couple has been on a rollercoaster ride with happy, sad, and scary moments in which, together, they are staying strong. Johnson reported to E News, “We know everything happens for a reason. We believe God’s got a bigger plan for us. All we can do is be positive otherwise we just sink into a hole.”

The touching video released online is the topic of discussion this week as she felt the need to share the video because a lot of others can sympathize with them. Shawn and Andrew share their story and I encourage everyone to take a peek. Check out the video using this link below:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/olympic-gymnast-shawn-johnson-shares-heartbreaking-story-of-miscarriage-in-video

1,2,3