This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.
This is the tenth installment of a brand new weekly posting right here on Her Campus UMaine! I’m a local Music Producer and DJ in the Orono area looking to share the sounds and culture of EDM with others. Twice a week you can catch me spinning some of the latest and greatest electronic tracks of today, Thursdays at 11pm on UMaine’s very own WMEB 91.9 FM and Fridays at 11pm-4am on Radio207.com. Each week I will be bringing you one of my favorite EDM tracks, varying from electro house, trap, dubstep, trip-hop, and more.

Somewhere between stuffing my face with stuffing and my annual Thanksgiving food coma I happened stuff my computer with some new music. Amidst nursing my turkey filled stomach with delicious pie, I just happened to stumble upon a brand new track by Milo & Otis. As adorable as it would be, I’m not referring to the ever so famous feline-canine duo but the more relevant LA based trap music sensation. Milo & Otis simply describe themselves as “Two dudes… a professional fake book writer and the other is a leprechaun farmer who’s a gambler.” That pretty much sums it up, outrageous. If you love trap music then you’re in for a real treat with this week’s Midweek Beat. Pulling a plethora of influences from middle eastern melodic structures and classic 90’s hip hop beat patterns, “Pigeons” is sure to tantalize your head nodding, fist pumping, booty dropping taste buds.

Enjoy!

I'm a local Music Producer and DJ in the Orono area looking to share the sounds and culture of EDM with others. Twice a week you can catch me spinning some of the latest and greatest electronic tracks of today, Thursdays at 11pm on UMaine's very own WMEB 91.9 FM and Fridays at 11pm-4am on Radio207.com. Each week I will be bringing you one of my favorite EDM tracks, varying from electro house, trap, dubstep, trip-hop, and more, right here on Her Campus UMaine!
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.