This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.
This is the third installment of a brand new weekly posting right here on Her Campus UMaine! I’m a local Music Producer and DJ in the Orono area looking to share the sounds and culture of EDM with others. Twice a week you can catch me spinning some of the latest and greatest electronic tracks of today, Thursdays at 11pm on UMaine’s very own WMEB 91.9 FM and Fridays at 11pm-4am on Radio207.com. Each week I will be bringing you one of my favorite EDM tracks, varying from electro house, trap, dubstep, trip-hop, and more.

Simple pleasures can come in many packages. It’s like when a roommate replaces the toilet paper and it faces just the way you like it (over, obviously). We all appreciate it when things go smoothy. Well, this week’s track spells out smooth and simple in a whole new way. Disclosure’s track “Latch” features the smooth vocal stylings of Sam Smith, a tenor with the chops to even make Brian McKnight jealous. If you haven’t heard him before, his song “Lay Me Down” is a great place to start. Disclosure captures a throwback feeling the stems straight from the famous era of 80’s pop/soul. Take it from someone who was made in the 80’s, I can only hope I was conceived to a track that was at least half as sexy as this. If you’re not dusting off the Members Only jacket and parachute pants by the end, frankly, I think you missed the point. Lay back, turn the lights down, and enjoy this sultry blast from the past.

I'm a local Music Producer and DJ in the Orono area looking to share the sounds and culture of EDM with others. Twice a week you can catch me spinning some of the latest and greatest electronic tracks of today, Thursdays at 11pm on UMaine's very own WMEB 91.9 FM and Fridays at 11pm-4am on Radio207.com. Each week I will be bringing you one of my favorite EDM tracks, varying from electro house, trap, dubstep, trip-hop, and more, right here on Her Campus UMaine!
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.