This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Hello Everyone!

This is the first installment of a brand new weekly posting right here on Her Campus UMaine! I’m a local Music Producer and DJ in the Orono area looking to share the sounds and culture of EDM with others. Twice a week you can catch me spinning some of the latest and greatest electronic tracks of today, Thursdays at 11pm on UMaine’s very own WMEB 91.9 FM and Fridays at 11pm-4am on Radio207.com. Each week I will be bringing you one of my favorite EDM tracks, varying from electro house, trap, dubstep, trip-hop, and more.

This week’s track is a cover of a song from one of my favorite bands, Alt-J. If you haven’t checked these guys out and you’re a big fan of indie folk/rock, take a look at their album An Awesome Wave. The original “Tessellate” track features some beautifuly poetic yet haunting lyrics and the lead vocalist, Joe Newman, offers one of the most unique voices I’ve yet to hear in any other indie folk/rock group to date. I simply can’t seem to get enough of this down tempo sound. Ellie Goulding’s cover of “Tessellate” stands up wonderfully against the poetic intrigue of the original. This track will take you for a ride as it ramps up into a groovy electro-funk sound including sexy sax solos and sultry bass lines that will leave you begging for more. Grab some incense and turn the lights down low, but I hold no responsibility if the clothes start to come off. 

I'm a local Music Producer and DJ in the Orono area looking to share the sounds and culture of EDM with others. Twice a week you can catch me spinning some of the latest and greatest electronic tracks of today, Thursdays at 11pm on UMaine's very own WMEB 91.9 FM and Fridays at 11pm-4am on Radio207.com. Each week I will be bringing you one of my favorite EDM tracks, varying from electro house, trap, dubstep, trip-hop, and more, right here on Her Campus UMaine!
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.