Style

Quick and Easy Accents to Help You Look Ready for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

With (almost) all of the snow melted away, and Spring already sprung, it’s time to look the part! Although it isn’t quite time to pull out the floral rompers, skater skirts, and sundresses here are some little tips that will help you look cute and Springy.

1. A pop of color!

Whether that be a little headband or a statement necklace, this really can spruce up an otherwise basic outfit.

2. Get your nails done!

Wearing Spring colors like yellow, pink, or light blue adds to your look- and who doesn’t love getting their nails done?

3. Get some rings!

Rings are one of the best accessories there are, especially when your nails are on point. Some cute (and cheap) rings can make you look like you tried a lot harder than you actually did. To avoid that annoying green that gets on your finger all you need to do is paint a clear top coat on your rings before wearing them.

4. Sunglasses!

Treat yourself to a new pair of shades and wear them with any outfit to give a little boost to your look. Not only do sunglasses help you look more Springy, but also helps give your eyes a break from the sun’s rays.

5. Highlight!

With the sun out and shining, highlighter is such a blessing. Put highlighter on the top of your cheekbones, on your brow bone, above your cupid’s-bow, your chin, inner corner of your eyes and the bridge of your nose. I know it makes my day when someone compliments my highlight!

6.  Natural looking makeup

A lighter blush, good mascara, a little lip gloss, and ditching dark eyeliner will help you glow. Try even using a white eyeliner in your waterline to make your eyes naturally pop.

Photos: 1, 2, 3

Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.