Profile: Sheraton Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Basic Facts

Name: Sheraton Jones

Hometown: Anaheim Hills, California

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Sign: Libra

Twitter: @ladysheraton

Instagram: @theonlysheraton

Campus Life

Major: Mass Communication with a Business Minor

Year: Senior

Why UMaine: Got drafted to play basketball

How are you involved on campus? Member of Women’s Basketball Team, American Marketing Association, SAC (Student Athlete Advisory Committee), Sports Marketing Intern

What is your favorite part of being on the women’s basketball team? My relationships with my teammates – getting to know them & learning about their different lifestyles outside of UMaine

Bests

Best friends: Makaila Kowalsky, Allison Freeman and all of my teammates

Best place to meet people at UMaine: In the training room

Best memory from basketball: Playing in Italy with my team during summer ’15

Best thing to do on the weekends here: Game days and the night that you win a game

Favorites

Favorite song to dance to at a party: Anything EDM

Favorite place to eat in Orono: OHOP (shout out to Kosa)

Favorite memory from freshman year: Random nights hanging out & running around Knox Hall

Top Three’s

What are the top three things on your bucket list? Visiting a country in Asia, learning how to drive a stick shift and owning my own business

Top three things to do at UMaine? Playing on the women’s basketball team, fall on campus and eating Wells breakfast

What are the top 3 things about playing on the women’s basketball team? Automatically make friends who are like your sisters, playing for the fans & basketball community and traveling with the team

Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.