This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Basic Facts

Name: Nadea Ross

Hometown: Chicago, IL

Sign: Virgo

Twitter: @nadeaross

Instagram: @nadeaross

Campus Life

Major: Elementary Education

Year: Freshman

Why UMaine: Why not? It’s far, a new experience, and I love the East Coat

How are you involved on campus?: I’m a member of Delta Phi Epsilon!

Bests

Best friends: Kevin Smith and Estella Perrone

Best place to meet people at UMaine: Going Greek helped me to meet so many new people, and my floor is so tight (shoutout 2nd floor Cumby)

Best thing to do on the weekends here: Go out with my friends and adventure out to Acadia at least once, totally worth it.

Favorite song to dance to at a party: Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira

Favorite song to listen to alone while driving your car: Candyman by Christina Aguilera and Shape of You by Ed Sheeran

Favorite place to eat in Orono: In Orono? Margaritas. But I’m biased cause I work there and I’m a sucker for chimichangas. But Bangor would be Chick-Fil-A cause I’m a redneck at heart.

Favorite memory of UMaine so far: Ordering pizza at 3am with my floor (shoutout to Dominos for delivering to us that late)

Top Three’s

What are the top three things about being an out of state student?: Everyone knows about Chicago but has never been there so it’s unique, my parents don’t know where I am 24/7, and traveling a lot to get home!

What are the top three things on your bucket list?: Visit Greece, meet a beluga whale, and drive across the United States.

What are the top three things about college life so far?: Being independent, all of my new friends, and seeing new places all the time!

Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.