This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Even though it’s November, the UMaine football season is far from over. Coming off their fifth straight win, the team is only gaining momentum for the remainder of the season. Whether or notwe know members of the team personally, none of us really know the details of what it’s like to be a football player at UMaine. This week’s profile is Jared Osumah, who will tell us a little about him and what being a football player is really like! 

Basic Facts

Name: Jared aka Zoom

Hometown: South Windsor, Conn.

Relationship Status: Ready to settle down

Sign: Sagittarius (Best one)

Twitter: XoomXI

Instagram: Ozoomah

Campus Life

Major: Finance

Why UMaine: Showed me the most love on my visit. Everything about the place felt right and all

came together at the right time.

What position do you play? Wide Receiver

How else are you involved on campus? Sadly, I’m not.. football takes up too much time.. married to

the game.

Bests

Best friends: Skeem Team aka the gang Jason Matovu, Tavyon Hall, Najee Goode, Jaleel Reed

Best place to meet people at UMaine: Buff chick night at York

Best professor: Shawn McKenna

Best thing to do on the weekends here: If you want to have fun? Hangout with the skeems or

anyone on the football team

Favorites

Favorite song to dance to at a party: Timeless by A boogie with the hoodie

Favorite song to listen to alone while driving your car: Myself by Nav

Favorite place to eat in Orono: Roost on Tuesdays

Favorite thing about being on the football team: You have 90 different kids you can call your

brother cause we are really family

Favorite memory with your team: Winning the CAA in 2013

Top Three’s

What are the Top 3 things on your bucket list?

1.Go to Southern France

2. Own a blacked out G-Class Mercedes-Benz

3. Meet Shawn Carter and Denzel Washington

What are the Top 3 things about the season so far?

1. We’re winning

2. Team chemistry is great

3. The crowd gets better every game

What are the Top 3 things to look forward to the rest of the season?

1. Beating UNH

2. Going to the playoffs

3. Keep winning

Football

How long have you personally been playing football? This is my eighth year playing

How do you and your teammates spend off time? Literally anything that’s fun. Never a dull moment with anyone on my team and if we aren’t playing football we’re just kicking it surrounded by good vibes and laughter. Also probably sliding in some DM’s.

*All photos belong to the subject*

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.