Profile: Hannah Brownawell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Basic Facts

Name: Hannah Brownawell

Hometown: Rockport, Maine

Relationship Status: Single

Sign: Aquarius

Birthday: February 3rd , 1995

Instagram: @Hannah_brownawell

Website: https://bwell.ecwid.com/

Recently started an online consignment/retail store with my sister Emma (Bwell Sisters) Come check it out and give us a follow on Instagram!

Campus Life

Major: Business Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship

Year: Junior

Why UMaine: Close to home- I’m a homebody, love my fam!!

Campus Involvement: sister of Pi Beta Phi, MBS Corps, and Love Your Melon Crew

Bests

Best friends: sisters of Pi Phi, yellow lab Bailey

Best place to meet people at UMaine: Greek Life and joining clubs

Best Class: Innovative Engineering

Best Professor: Can’t say I have a favorite yet. Just transferred to UMaine last semester, so I am still trying to get to know various professors.

Favorites

Favorite song to sing in your car to: Carry Me by Kygo

Favorite foods: salmon, watermelon, and anything my mom makes

Favorite show on Netflix: All- time favorite is undeniably “Grey’s Anatomy”, but recently I’ve gotten into “This is Us”

Favorite place to shop: Anthropolgie and Lululemon

Love Your Melon

Being a member of the Love Your Melon Crew is such a unique way to be involved here on campus! The UMaine Crew started up last year and has been growing ever since. For those who don’t know what LYM is, it’s a nationally recognized hat and apparel brand that is committed to giving a hat to every child in America who is battling cancer. In addition, they support nonprofit organizations who lead the fight against childhood cancer. On campus, we promote the brand, fundraise, and gain support from others who share a passion in the fight against pediatric cancer. I encourage everyone to check out the website and reach out if you are interested in being a part of our fabulous crew!

Or’s

Coffee or rush: coffee- half decaf, half hazelnut (although I prefer tea over coffee any day)

Fall or spring semester: Fall- warmer weather and not much snow yet (I’m all about warm weather)

Sweet or Salty: Salty!!

Ocean or mountains: Ocean, a beach, and 75 degrees

Top Three’s

Three favorite things about UMaine: Greek life, extracurricular opportunities,

Top three things on your bucket list: run the Boston marathon, visit all 50 states, and own my own interior design business

Top three things to do on a snow day: enjoy a warm cup of tea, curl up with a good read, hang with the roomies

*Images courtsey of subject*

Calen is a fourth year Mass Communications major with a Marketing minor and a Psychology minor at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Alpha Phi and enjoys hiking at home in the Rocky Mountains, traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.