Profile: Awake Chocolates and Meredith Stephens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

What are the samples?

Samples of “bites” which are mini, owl-shaped chocolates which each contain a half cup of coffee. The full chocolate bars which you can buy at different vendors (locations near you available at http://awakechocolate.com) contain a full cup of coffee.

Do they actually work?

Yes! Even the bites that have the equivalent of ½ cup of coffee are so effective! I can’t eat them past 4 pm or else I’ll be up all night!

How do we get them?

Message me on my social media account for samples at your event or meeting or follow me for updates at events I’ll be at!

Will you get giving them out anywhere else the rest of this semester?

I have no formal events planned but I will be in and out of the library handing them out during the last two weeks! Message me on my instagram account if you can’t find me!

Social media?

My instagram for Awake Chocolate is @awakechocolate_umaine – I post about events I am at and also take direct messages with chocolate requests!

The girl behind the chocolates

Meredith Stephens, sister of Alpha Phi, double major in marketing and economics (this job as campus ambassador has more to do with my marketing major), from Washington, DC, class of 2020

Basics

Name: Meredith Stephens

Hometown: Washington DC

Relationship Status: Single

Sign: Sagittarius

Twitter: @_mersteph

Insta: @mersteph

Campus Life

Major: Dual – Marketing and Economics

Year: Freshman

Why UMaine: I have always loved Maine and wanted to go to college far from home!

Other campus involvement: Alpha Phi, The Honors College, Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Society

Favorites

Favorite song to dance to at a party: does this have to be appropriate? Because definitely Ayy Ladies

Favorite song to sing in your car: anything by The Dixie Chicks

Favorite place to eat: Sweetgreen

Favorite form of social media: Instagram

Things you wish you knew at the beginning of your freshman year: Stop caring about what people think about you and start to do things that your friends aren’t necessarily interested in/involved in. When I first came to college the only thing I got involved with was my sorority. While I’ve loved every second of it, there were a lot of clubs and organizations I wish I had joined but didn’t because I was meeting so many people and was overwhelmed with everything and concerned with what people thought about me. I regret not getting involved in clubs that interested me and will definitely try to get more involved next year.

*All photos are courtesy of subject* 

Calen is a fourth year Mass Communications major with a Marketing minor and a Psychology minor at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Alpha Phi and enjoys hiking at home in the Rocky Mountains, traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.