This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, this weeks pins are dedicated to all things PINK! 

October is dedicated to raising awareness of breast cancer and educating both men and women on the causes, prevention, treatment and cure of the disease. “About 1 in 8 women in the United States (12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime”.  Click on the pin to the right for an overview of the myths vs. facts when it comes to breast cancer.

Let’s celebrate the lives of survivors and raise awareness for the fighters by embracing pink this month.  Add a little pink to your closet! It may be fall, but colored jeans are still a hit.  Pair the jeans with some pink accessories and you’re ready for the day. 

[pagebreak]

Give yourself a simple manicure.  What college girl doesn’t love pink nail polish?? Feeling a littlemoreadventurous? Try hair chalk! Click on the pin for a how-to.  [pagebreak]

With all the spare time you have between exams and papers… ha… give your piggy bank a little love. Check out this pin for tips from Her Campus’s Rachel Kossman on how to save money in college.

[pagebreak]

Celebrate with us!  Her Campus UMaine is hosting our 2nd Annual Epic Fashion Show on October 23 at 7:00 pm.  Tickets are only $5 and all proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Pick up your ticket at the Union or contact Olivia Fournier or Katrina Horgan to reserve your seat!! Make yourself one of these pretty pink cocktails after the show.  Click the pin for he recipe!

Enjoy the rest of your week and keep up the pink fun all month! Join us in raising awareness for those struggling with breast cancer as well as celebrating the 2.5 million survivors!! 

A little advice to get you through the week-

Olivia is a senior pursuing a Marketing degree at the University of Maine at Orono. Besides being a co-branch correspondent for the Her Campus UMaine Branch, she is the business manager for the University of Maine student newspaper, The Maine Campus. One of her many interests is fashion and writes as a contributing fashion writer for Her Campus UMaine. Olivia hopes to land a career in the industry after graduation.