This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

The start of the spring is always super exciting because that means we’re FINALLY done with winter, and one step closer to summer break and warmer weather. We all know how bipolar mother nature can be here in Maine, so we need to be prepared for all of it because there’s good chance it’s still gonna snow and be pretty cold some days this spring. That being said, I wanted to share a few super cute and essential shoes that I have found to be suitable for the sometimes unpredictable spring weather!

1. Adorable flats for the warmer weather that match with pretty much everything AND they’re only $14.99 at Target!

2. These vans are super comfy and durable and perfect shoes for Spring! They aren’t too expensive and they can be bleached if they need to be cleaned. Sizes run small so order a size up! 

3. Everybody has seen the classic black Steve Madden sneakers but they also have a less popular pair that are the perfect pale blush color for Spring. Plus, they’re super comfy and casual so you can wear them all the time!

4. These sandals are also from Target and they look just like Birkenstocks, just way more affordable! Super comfy and definitely a staple for spring/summer.

5. If you’re looking for a more classy looking sandal for spring then you should own a pair of Jack Rogers! These sandals are on the more expensive side, but are worth it because they’re super cute and versatile. They also come in all kinds of different styles and colors. 

6. Another trending shoe by Steve Madden are their slide sandals. They have TONS of different styles and colors and they are soo comfortable because they’re pretty much like slippers. you have to own at least one pair at some point. These shoes are also under $50 and you can find them at stores like TJ Maxx and Burlington for even cheaper than that!

7. Another pair of shoes that I found at Target that are also a spring staple are these adorable rain booties. They come in a couple of colors but I think the forest green is the best for this type of shoe. With all the rain that comes in the spring, rain boots are a must have and these ones are very affordable! 

Cover photo

Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.