The Perfect Halloween Drinks for Your Weekend Out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Halloween is filled with costumes, treats, decorations and most importantly drinks! It is time to move on from the lemonade and vodka’s and get into the spirit of Halloween with these 3 cocktails perfect for a spooky night out!

Witches Brew Sangria

For all the wine lovers out there, sangria is the perfect fix of fruit and the simplicity of it. For the brew, you will need:

• 1 750ml bottle of red wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
  • 1/3 cup of brandy
  • 6oz 100% apple juice
  • 2 oz Red Delicious, cored and cubed

All you have to do is mix this all together in a pitcher and let chill overnight!

Sparkling Pumpkin Spice Punch

What’s more fitting then a pumpkin in the fall? A pumpkin spiced drink, of course! This punch is perfect for sharing at your parties and will certainly give off an autumn vibe.

For the punch

• ½ cup pumpkin puree
  • ½ cup orange juice concentrate
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup water
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
  • 1 2 liter bottle Sprite
  • 1 bag of Sonic Pebble Ice
  • 1 Pumpkin, hallowed out for serving

Instructions

1. In a sauce pan over medium heat combine the pumpkin puree, orange juice concentrate, sugar, water, lemon juice and pumpkin spice. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Quickly remove from the heat.
  2. Pour mixture through a metal mesh strainer and chill until ready to serve. This pumpkin syrup will make about 2 cups.
  3. Start by adding a few cups of the pebble ice into the glass bowl.
  4. Add about 1 cup of the pumpkin spice syrup.
  5. Finish by adding the sprite.
  6. Grab a big metal ladle to serve the punch.
  7. You can replenish the punch as it is consumed by adding more ice, pumpkin syrup and sprite. Keep these three all stored separately.
  8. Enjoy!

Candy Corn Cocktail

You either love or hate candy corn, but either way you can’t deny this aesthetically pleasing cocktail.

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 oz Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka
  • 3 oz Sour Mix
  • 2 oz Pineapple Juice
  • 1/2 oz Grenadine
  • Whipped cream for topping

Instructions:

1. Combine Smirnoff Whipped Cream, sour mix and pineapple juice in a shaker with ice and shake!
  2. Pour mix into a martini glass
  3. Slowly pour grenadine into mix so it settles at the bottom
  4. Top with whipped cream!

The Classic Bloody Mary

No explanation needed for why a Bloody Mary is the perfect Halloween drink! There’s many versions of the Bloody Mary recipe, but this is the original version!

Ingredients:

• 1 Lemon wedge
  • 1 Lime wedge
  • 2 oz Premium Vodka
  • 4 oz Tomato juice
  • 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
  • 2 tsp Prepared horseradish
  • 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 pinch Celery salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch smoked paprika

Instructions:

1. Pour the celery salt onto a small plate  
  2. Rub the inside of the lemon along the rim of the glass.
  3. Roll the rim of the glass into the salt until fully coated
  4. Fill with ice.
  5. In a shaker or separate glass, squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into the glass and then drop them in.
  6. Add the rest of the ingredients
  7. Shake!
  8. Strain into the prepared glass
  9. Garnish with celery or limes!

Photos: 1

Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.