Perfect Drinks for National Margarita Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

The day we’ve all been waiting for is here…Happy National Margarita Day! While we never need an excuse to down a few margaritas, it’s nice to have one for a chance. Not sure which type of margarita you want to celebrate with? No worries, we have you covered! Below is a list of a few of our favorite margaritas.  Enjoy! 

3 Ingredient Margarita 

Wanting to celebrate but don’t want to spend a bunch of money?  Look no further! This recipe is low on calories, cheap, and super easy. 

• Fresca Soda
  • Lime juice 
  • Silver tequila 
  • Salt or sugar for the rim (optional)

Skinny Margarita 

Wanting to make a healthier choice? This one is for you! It has a few more ingredients than the 3 ingredient margarita, but the taste is INSANE and totally worth it.  Play around with the measurements to find your perfect mixture! 

• Silver tequila 
  • Lime juice 
  • Orange juice 
  • Agave nectar 
  • Fresh lime for thee rim 

Classic Frozen Margarita 

This one requires a little more TLC but in the end you get a totally beauitful and Instagrammable drink. Click here for the measurements and instructions!

• Tequila 
  • Lime juice 
  • Triple sec
  • Agave syrup 
  • Ice 
  • Blender 

Not in the mood to make your own drink? Make sure to check out Margaritas in Orono for their $6 margarita deal!

Gabbi is a senior at the University of Maine studying English with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in Psychology. She hopes to write and publish her own novel one day!