The New Season of The Bachelorette is Right Around the Corner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Are you ready for The Bachelorette 2017 premiere on May 22nd ? Rachel Lindsay, who was announced as the bachelorette back in February, said she’s more ready than ever to find love. Last season she captured the audience’s hearts during her journey of love with Nick. Thank goodness Nick didn’t choose her because apparently we are all in for a real treat this season. So what do we need to know before the season starts?

Rachel is a 31 year old lawyer from Texas and the first black bachelorette, which for many is a HUGE moment in bachelorette history. According to sources, there have been numerous complaints about a lack of diversity on the show for both the bachelor and bachelorette shows. Rachel is a successful, confident woman who is ready to break the current bachelorette barriers. But, let’s get to know Rachel a little further based on her contestant biography:

She has a fear of anything that flies (birds, grasshoppers).

Her biggest regret to date is that she’s focused too much on her career.

Her favorite artist is Jean-Michel Basquiat because he was so mysterious and died so young. There was so much to we never got to know about him.

Her greatest achievement is graduating law school and passing the bar the first time around.

She has a right rib cage tattoo and a bible verse on her left waist.

Rachel seems so interesting and a down to earth bachelorette who is about to capture our hearts again as she takes center stage. So, who’s excited to watch Rachel’s journey of finding love?

Photos: 1, 2, 3

Hannah is a fourth year Business Management major with a concentration in entrepreneurship at the University of Maine, Orono. She loves spending time with family, enjoying the beach during the summer months, reading, lacrosse, and horseback riding.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.