burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Top Ten Websites For Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

10. Poshmark.com

Poshmark is a website where everyone can buy or sell used clothes. It allows people to make and save money. You can find great deals on new or mostly new clothing items. If you’re looking for a specific item, I highly recommend looking for it on Poshmark to see if you can find it a lot cheaper.

9. Etsy.com

Etsy is where people hand-make items and sell them or people sell antiques/vintage items. If you want something unique and high quality Etsy is a great place to go, there is also a wide range of prices for items, you can find items for as low as $5 and higher than $200.

8. Lululemon.com

Lululemon is mostly known for their workout clothing, especially their leggings. However, they also have a smaller selection of clothing outside of that. They even have a few selfcare products (deodorant, dry shampoo, face moisturizer, and more). They are a more expensive brand, however their clothing items last, fit incredibly well, and are comfortable.

7. TALA.com

TALA is a newer fitness brand that is 92% up-cycled, making it incredibly eco-friendly and they are striving for 100%. It is a woman owned company that uses GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards), The Global Recycled Standard and uses Q-Nova as their main fabric which is fully up-cycled and sustainable. So, if you are trying to be more eco-friendly, I highly recommend this athletic brand. I would also suggest looking for the owners YouTube, Grace Beverly, she is super-woman.

6. Lush.com

Lush produces vegetarian and vegan cosmetic products, including shampoos, conditioners, face masks, moisturizers and many other products. For my vegetarian/vegan ladies and gents, this is another incredible brand. They’re products do wonders to your hair and skin and leave you feeling radiant while harming the Earth a lot less than most brands. I am currently using Honey I Washed My Hair for shampoo, Big for conditioner, The Birth of Venus as my face mask, Ocean Salt as my body scrub, Lip Service as my lip balm and in the past I have also used Jumping Juniper  for shampoo. You will not regret purchases you make from Lush.

5. UrbanOutfitters.com

I would describe Urban Outfitters as more of a grungy Target. You can buy clothes, beauty, lifestyle items, and home goods. Items from Urban Outfitters are eccentric, but good quality and a lot of fun. This brand allows you to show a different side of your style in many different outlets.

4. BuffBunny.com

Buff Bunny is the third, but not last, athletic clothing brand I have on my top ten list. It is a female focused athletic brand with a lot of options, style and color wise. This is another female owned brand from another YouTuber, Heidi Somers (aka Buffbunny). Many of these items are years in the making and are often sold out online because of their popularity. There’s also a small range of items available outside of athletic wear.

3. Gymshark.com

Gym Shark is the final athletic brand I am going to talk about. Their athletic wear is some of the best on the market. Their leggings compress where they need to and accentuate what they need to (you know what I mean ladies). They have a wide range of sports bras for those who want to flaunt it and those who don’t. And for the men out there, I have heard great things about the shirts and shorts from Gym Shark, check out Rob Lipsett on YouTube for a better perspective on menswear from Gym Shark. This is another high-quality brand with items that are going to last you a long time.

2. Target.com

Of course Target was in my top three. I even mentioned it a few sites ago! You can go to Target with the intent of buying one or two items and then you leave with a cart overflowing with things you don’t need but will find a use for because they’re incredibly cute. In all seriousness though, Target is another excellent brand with endless options in all areas of shopping. Whatever you’re looking for you can most likely find at Target and it’ll be incredible quality.

1. AE.com

American Eagle is my number one website! Honestly it is 100% what started my shopping addiction, but always worth the money spent. I currently own ten pairs of jeans, three pairs of shorts, a package of socks, about a dozen tops, a few bras and a few dozen pairs of panties from American Eagle. I will always recommend to any person that American Eagle is the way to go for jeans. I promise you will find a jean that fits the way you want it to and looks phenomenal. To whomever shops under the women’s section, they let you shop by size AND length! Can you hear my excitement? The shirts are always cute and last a long time. Those who need bras and underwear, I will be honest, it took awhile for me to find a few bras from Aerie that I liked, but once I did they were my crutch. Plus the 10 for $30 deal on panties that Aerie has constantly (check every couple of weeks, I promise it will happen) are everything. Those who are just looking for a boxer fit, I know men who swear by American Eagle’s boxer briefs, but if those aren’t your style, I am sure you will find comfort in the style you prefer. I am sure I made it a little too obvious as to why this is my top site, but their clothes are just incredible and the brand is so inclusive. 12/10 would recommend.

Honorable Mention: HydroFlask.com

I have had one of their 40 oz. bottles for almost a year now and is one of the greatest purchases I have ever made. It helps me drink more water and it keeps ice in it for days (although I would not recommend drinking water out of it if it has been there for days). They have multiple accessory choices for the different bottle sizes and have recently released food bags and hydration packs (10 L and 20 L). This is a fantastic brand and their items are unbelievably high quality. Hydro Flask is the way to go for your next water bottle purchase.

Crysania is a first-year under the umbrella of undecided but plans to major in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Math. She enjoys going on spontaneous adventures, big or small, and has a passion for singing.
Camille is a fourth-year Political Science major with minors in Leadership Studies and Legal Studies at the University of Maine. She is the Editor in Chief for her chapter, competes in competitive Mock Trial, and is the Treasurer of the Pre-Law Society. Her future plans are to graduate in 2020 and attend law school.