Life > Experiences

My Experience Seeing Harry Styles at Love on Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Almost two years ago in November of 2019, I excitedly texted my friends while trying to purchase tickets to see Harry Styles on his “Love on Tour” concert in Boston, while ignoring my piles of AP U.S. History homework. When I bought the tickets, my friends and I were ecstatic and counting down the days until July 10, 2020, the night the concert was originally scheduled. Due to Covid-19, it was rescheduled to October 25, 2021. My friends and I were so desperate for that night to arrive, and after 707 long days of waiting (not that I was counting or anything…), it was finally time. 

Walking into the TD Garden that night felt like I was at a fashion show. Everyone there was wearing the most amazing outfits I had ever seen – colorful patterned pants, sparkly jumpsuits, feather boas of every single color, and of course, Harry Styles’s merchandise. My friends and I got to our seats, feeling probably the most excited we have ever been. We couldn’t believe that the night had actually arrived after 707 days, and we were so close to seeing Harry. We got food, took pictures, watched his opening act, screamed “Olivia” by One Direction at the top of our lungs when it played, and then all nearly passed out when the lights shut off and I knew Harry was about to go on. 

When Harry first came on, I genuinely think I went into shock. It was surreal to me that I was seeing him with my own eyes. I had been a fan for so long, bought the tickets nearly two years ago, and now he was actually there in front of me. It was insane to me. 

While every performance was absolutely incredible, I’m gonna narrow my favorites down to a few. The first would have to be “Sign of the Times.” “Sign of the Times” is my all-time favorite song of Harry’s, and the song I was most excited for. His performance of it was so amazing – I may have shed a tear or two. My next favorite would probably be “Treat People with Kindness.”: it was such a fun, happy performance. Everyone in the audience was dancing, there were bright colorful lights, and the positive energy was through the roof. My third favorite would have to be “Kiwi.” “Kiwi” is another one of my all time favorite Harry songs, so I was insanely excited to hear it live. Seeing Harry perform it live was a life-changing experience. However, as amazing as it was, it was also sad because I knew it was the last song he performed. 

I left the TD Garden that night and drove up to school the next morning with the worst post-concert depression of my life (that I am still suffering from). I was so sad it was over, but so thankful I got to go. Definitely one of the best nights of my life – I cannot WAIT until Harry tours again!

Bridie Walsh

U Maine '25

I am 1st year communication sciences and disorders major from Massachusetts! Outside of school you can catch me hanging with friends, listening to Taylor Swift, or reading.