Juliana’s Crafted The *Perfect* Fall Playlist For You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Fall is here so you know what that means! The leaves are changing color, the air is cool and crisp, and it’s time to get out your sweaters and listen to music that makes us feel warm and cozy. All of the songs on the playlist fit into that comforting feeling fall brings us every year. This playlist features a wide array of genres from folk, alternative/indie, and all different manifestations of rock. Here is a list of some of my favorite songs right now:

“Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood

I had to start off with the obvious. This song needs no words, it just is fall.

“First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes

I will never be able to fully explain the feeling I get when I listen to this song. It may seem like just another cliché love song, but there’s something about the acoustics or Conor Oberst’s voice that connects me to how he felt when creating this song.

“Clay Pigeons” by Michael Cera

Words cannot describe how much I love this song. Michael Cera’s voice is so unique and the lyrics are so pure. 10/10.

“We’re Going to Be Friends” by The White Stripes

The first three words in this song are “fall is here” so I’d say this one is perfect. This song brings me back to the feeling of being a kid again, back to when boys had cooties and our only job was to have fun. It’s such an innocent and sweet song! How could you not love this one?

“In My Life” by The Beatles

I managed to limit myself to one Beatles song here, so I went with one of my favorites. I feel like I’m walking around in an overly-romanticized, late 60’s era world whenever this one’s in my headphones.

“Pluto Projector” by Rex Orange County

I first started listening to Rex Orange County as a freshman in high school, and it set off my descent into my alternative/indie girl madness I would find myself falling into in the coming years. This song is one of, if not my favorite, by him and it will remain as such. 

“Hallucinogenics” by Matt Maeson

Something about this song scratches an itch in my head. It’s very melancholy until it hits you with the upbeat and intense chorus that makes your mind and heart race. 

“For Emma” by Bon Iver

This song puts me at peace every time I hear it. Bon Iver has such a beautiful voice and the instrumentals exhibit so much emotion. This song is just a masterpiece and by far my favorite song from him.

“Paper Bag” by Fiona Apple

I think the lyrics to this song automatically mean a lot to anyone ever disappointed by a love interest. He proved he wasn’t worth it because he wasn’t “man” enough to support her, his love was immature like a “little boy.”

Juliana Roy

U Maine '25

I am a first-year psychology major at the University of Maine. I love all different forms of art, fashion, crystals, animals, sushi, and reading!