Holiday Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

The holidays can be especially tough what with family laying on all of the “So what are you doing in school?” questions. You don’t want to give them any more reason than they already have to think that your GPA may or may not have fallen off of a cliff and that you haven’t consumed anything other than coffee and bagels for three weeks straight. Luckily our Holiday Survival Kits are just what we need to at least emulate that we have so sort idea about what’s going on in our lives. Here are a few must haves to get trough this troubling yet happy time:

A soft and comfy tank

Winter break is the time to relax and be comfortable. You don’t have to dress up for presentations and aside from the family dinners you can pretty much wear whatever you want in the sanctity of your own home. Thanks to Allergan and Le Motto’s #ActuallySheCan tanks we have the perfect cute tank to pair with our favorite cozy cardigan.

Some buttery hand lotion

Your hands are probably fried thanks to the endless amounts of typing and spilling hot coffee on them (not to mention that its winter and winter means dry skin). This Being Hand Cream is just the thing to put some life back into our fingers. Plus the salted caramel and cloudberry & lychee blossom scents are to die for!

Wonderful puff-eye relief

Lets face it. You haven’t slept for more than two hours in who knows how long. Thankfully Alba Bontanica’s Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes Cooling Eye-Revive Gel works miracles in making us look well rested and fresh faced.

The ultimate make up necessities

As all colliegette’s know a swipe of eye shadow and a little bit of mascara go a long way in making us look slightly put together. But when that make up is from Tarte it goes even further. We can’t stop obsessing over their Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara and the Tartist Pro Pallet. You will never be able to use anything else again after this. And being cruelty-free, and made up of all things good-for-you makes it all the better.

A way to piece back together your life

For those who have had the semester of your lives and everything is just peachy keen right now good for you. But for the rest of us who have spent the last fifteen weeks surviving not thriving Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles are just the thing we need to glue our lives back into place.

Photos taken by Lauren Emery

Calen is a fourth year Mass Communications major with a Marketing minor and a Psychology minor at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Alpha Phi and enjoys hiking at home in the Rocky Mountains, traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.