This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Arguably the best part of the holidays, besides time off from school and work, is spending quality time with people you love. This includes holiday parties­- a lot of them. Don’t stress about what to wear, we’ve got you covered for any kind of festivus you might be attending!

If you’re keeping it casual…

Whether it’s with friends, family or a combination of the two, casual Christmas parties are a nice break from the holiday craziness. Good food, drinks and company- you can’t beat it! Cute and cozy sweaters are the way to go here.

If you’re going to a work party…

For a work holiday party, jewel tones are a pretty and sophisticated look. Depending on where you work, a sweater may be more appropriate than a dress, but a simple embellished collar adds some holiday sparkle.

If you’re looking to glam it up…  

Okay, as nice as it is staying cozy, it’s fun to get all dolled up sometimes. Sequins are so evocative of holiday glamour, especially in gold. These are all great pieces that will last long after the holidays go by.

If you’re going to an ugly sweater party…

This is the time of year that people scramble to find the ugliest sweater possible. Who knows how this tradition came about, but it sure is fun! The thrift stores at this point have been picked clean, but that doesn’t mean you have to go without. If you want to try something new, why not a so-ugly-it’s-cute skirt?

Whatever holiday you’ll be celebrating this season, may it be filled with good cheer!

Terry Shortt is a fourth year Journalism major minoring in WGS Studies and Creative Writing at the University of Maine. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, playing dress up, crafting, and eating. She fancies herself to be a sex positive, feminist, Martha Stewart. She enjoys the simple pleasures in life, like warm summer nights and perfect cat-eyes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.