Here’s What to Listen to While You Wait for Zayn’s New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Don’t freak out, but Zayn Malik’s new album, “Mind of Mine” is officially available to pre-order on iTunes.

Zayn has been pretty open about the fact that his debut record will sound nothing like the music we’ve heard from One Direction. (Actually, he’s also been pretty open about the fact that he doesn’t even really like One Direction’s music. In an interview with Fader, he said “Would you listen to One Direction, sat at a party with your girl? I wouldn’t. To me, that’s not an insult, that’s me as a 22-year-old man.”)

“Mind of Mine” will be much more R&B than pop, and according to Zayn, is influenced by other genres such as reggae and Bollywood. 

If you’re as Zayn-obsessed as I am, you’re probably at a point where everyone around you is getting tired of hearing you listen to Pillowtalk on repeat. Although you’ll probably never get bored of his first single, here are a few other Zayn solo tracks to listen to while you wait for “Mine of Mine” to be released at the end of March. 

1. I Won’t Mind

Ugh, who broke your heart?

2. No Type

Zayn’s cover of Rae Sremmurd’s song. 

3. F**k You Back to Sleep

You’re definitely lying if you can say that you don’t envy Gigi Hadid after hearing Zayn’s verse on this one. 

4. You & I (Oh Genius Remix)

Huge thanks to the mastermind who took Zayn’s infamous solo from One Direction’s “You & I” and turned it into a full-length song with a totally new vibe. 

5. iT’s YoU

iT’s YoU is a track on the new album and the video will give you ~FeELiNgS. The video’s received some criticism for being difficult to watch as it’s an Applie Exclusive, but Rolling Stone has made it available. 

6. PILLOWTALK REMIX

Lil Wayne hopped in on this one. (And Zayn is rapping on it…? I’m weirdly so down.)

7. THE Z LIST

Zayn’s own Spotify playlist of his personal favs. 

Oh, Zayn. 

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.