Here’s How Celebrities Are Voting This Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

It’s no secret the majority of Hollywood stands behind Hillary Clinton. But Donald Trump has his fair share of support from celebrities.

Omarosa Manigault is one of the originals from Trump’s “Apprentice” and has been named Trump’s director of African-American outreach.  According to the Huffington Post, she stated: “Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, whoever disagreed, whoever challenged him . It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”  

Director of “American Sniper” Clint Eastwood has stated his opinion multiple times regarding his support for Trump, as according to the Huffington Post “He’s onto something because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist. I’d have to go for Trump … you know; ‘cause she’s declared that she’s gonna follow in Obama’s footsteps.”

Angelina Jolie’s father and Hollywood legend, Jon Voight, has stated “I’m not someone who’s saying he’s the best of this group. I’m saying I like this guy.” Voight wrote a lengthy declaration exclusively to Breitbart News: “I pray all Americans who have seen and felt the meltdown of America with the Obama years, to please fight for Donald Trump. He will not let us down. I pray for all good people to see clearly what faces us now. The right vote will save our nation.”

According to The Wrap, NFL six-time pro bowler wide receiver Terrell Owens has declared, “This may be what the country needs and Trump … he’s a guy who won’t put up with B.S. and has what it takes to change how government is run.”

Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson has voiced his opinion numerous times, and stated according to Political Insider, “I love Trump. How can you not love Trump? Also according to CBS News he said, “Mr. Trump is a real leader. He represents success and strength, two attributes our country needs.”

Clinton is evidently the most popular candidate amongst several celebrities, so here are a few.

German-American Model Heidi Klum has stated to Marie Claire, “Let’s just say I hope the best woman wins.”

Actress Lena Dunham is known to be very opinionated regarding her thoughts on Trump, and told Marie Claire: “Hillary knows that access and opportunity are the American promise – not transphobia, Islamophobia, xenophobia, and systemic racism.”

Megastar Robert De Niro declared, according to Marie Claire, “I think that she’s paid her dues. There are going to be no surprises, and she has earned the right to be president and the head of the country at this point. It’s that simple. And she’s a woman, which is very important because her take on things may be what we need right now.”

Comedian Amy Schumer stated to Marie Claire, “I’ve always been a fan. She was a good audience member — she commented on a couple of the jokes I told. I said that in L.A. my arms register as legs, and she really liked that. She was, “I can relate.”

Singer Lady Gaga declared, also to Marie Claire, “Nothing can keep a strong woman down. Vote for the first female U.S. president in history. Shake it up America, this country needs a little rock n’ roll.”

Everyone is encouraged to get out and find the time to vote! It’s imperative all Americans implement our right to vote!

Images: 1, cover photo: 2

Laura is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Elementary Education with a concentration in Child Development. She is a member and the Vice President of Kappa Delta Pi; which is an international honor society for individuals majoring in education. Laura loves to dedicate her time outdoors, volunteering at the Bangor Humane Society, and values spending quality time with her family.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.