Wellness

Her Campus Survival Kit Review: You Can’t Survive the Spring Semester Without These Five Products!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As week six of the semester approaches, students’ lives are not only getting busier, but they are starting to get more stressful. Midterms are coming sooner than you think (the first wave has already hit for some students), assignments are piling up, and it seems like the stress won’t stop compounding as the list of tasks continues to get longer and longer, no matter how many are completed. At a time where you can’t seem to get ahead, maybe it’s time to check in on your health and take some time out of your day for some self-care or alternatively, carve out some time to reach out to others around you, be it friends or family, who may be in need of some support! With these products, they will not only help you get through the rough parts of this semester but ensure you do so both as a happy and healthy student! 

The first product we were fortunate to receive in this Her Campus Survival Kit was the Hello Fab Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer made by First Aid Beauty, which was perfect for hydrating dry skin that we all find ourselves combating in these winter months. I wore this product without makeup (because I personally normally don’t wear a lot of heavy foundation and concealer), and I loved its natural, lightweight feel. Oh, and it smells like coconuts, which left me longing for gorgeous summer days on the beach! Another bonus was that the product had a tint to it, which easily hid any acne scars or blemishes on my face. All in all, this product can act as a baseline to any makeup routine to provide that extra layer of coverage alongside healthy benefits for your skin. The Hello Fab Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer which is made with an abundance of healthy ingredients including superfoods, vital proteins, electrolytes, and minerals should be a go-to for all students. If you want bright, moisturized, and glowing skin in the harsh winter months, this product is definitely for you and in Maine, there is no way you can say no to a moisturizer that hydrates the dull, winter induced skin we all struggle with during this time of the year! 

First Aid Beauty was kind enough to send us a third product which again, does wonders as it targets dry, cracked, and parched skin. After using their Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, the ever-present dry skin on my knuckles began to feel more hydrated compared to other efforts I’ve made to remedy the damage done to the skin on my hands. In truth, I loved this cream right away because I noticed a difference after only one single-use, and it gave me peace of mind to know that this is a cruelty-free item! Additionally, it is dermatologist tested and safe for sensitive skin, so this colloidal oatmeal based cream is safe for anyone to use and caters to all skin types! 

The last product we received from First Aid Beauty was their Face Cleanser! Again, this cleanser helps combat dryness and works for balanced, dry, oily, or combination skin types. It’s the perfect solution for anyone, and it’s whipped texture makes it fun for application on your skin. When mixed with water, it becomes a luxurious cream that will remove makeup, dirt, and grime. This cleanser is extremely gentle and leaves your skin feeling soft and balanced, never tightening, stinging, or stripping your skin. This cleanser is fantastic for everyday use and will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean! More information on these products and more that are offered can be found on their website here or on their socials which can be found by typing in @firstaidbeauty on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!

Switching gears to something that maybe isn’t at the top of our minds, but is definitely important for your health and comfort, is feminine pH so let’s talk about it! Surprisingly there are many things that can impact your feminine health such as sex, your period, medications, and personal hygiene, among other factors. When you’re feeling unbalanced, Azo made a Complete Feminine Health Probiotic that can help you find that balance! It’s different from the everyday probiotic because it’s not primarily focused on increasing the health of just your digestive system because it contains Intelliflora, a healthy bacteria that promotes balanced feminine health. Lastly, it’s safe for all women, including those that are pregnant, making it broad in its available and intended usage. It’s definitely worth checking out and their website can be found here! For further information, follow @azo on Facebook or @azoproducts on Instagram and Twitter

Speaking of feminine hygiene, It’s no secret that periods are a real downer – they can be distracting because of the number of times you have to go to the bathroom, costly due to the price and current tax imposed on all feminine hygiene products, and you always have to worry about accidental leakage, because hey, accidents do happen – even to the best of us! Thankfully, there is the DivaCup to solve all of these issues, plus more! The DivaCup is a comfortable alternative to pads and tampons, made of medical-grade silicone, BPA free, and free of chemicals and dyes. Conveniently, it comes in three different sizes depending on factors such as your age and the light or heaviness of your flow. It can be worn for up to twelve hours at a time, letting you get through your classes and other commitments without having to worry about changing your products out in the middle of the day and you don’t have to hide tampons or pads up your sleeve when leaving class to change out your feminine hygiene products! How convenient – especially for busy college students! Perhaps the best feature about the DivaCup that sets it apart from other period products is that it reduces your waste by up to 350 pounds because this product is reusable for up to a year! Lastly, it replaces the equivalent of 240 menstrual products in a lifetime. In an age of growing environmental consciousness, it’s amazing how one product can reduce your carbon footprint in such a positive way, all the while helping you save money – talk about a win-win! Check out their social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by searching @divacup for more information on this product and to find out which size is best fit for your personal usage or you can find your website here for more information!

Finally, if you know some other people in your life facing the mid-semester blues, why not reach out to them with a fun, creative, and vibrant card? Hallmark was kind enough to send over their Hallmark Good Mail cards to us, which are a perfect way to brighten someone’s day no matter the occasion. I delivered a card to my friend, Jack, to remind him that he can power through this semester even though it’s hard, and additionally to thank him for being a great friend. Receiving the card really put a smile on his face after a hard day of studying at the library. I am holding on to the beautiful thank you card that Hallmark sent to give to either a professor or boss that writes me a letter of recommendation or agrees to be a  reference, as I think it is very important and professional to thank people for helping you out in any way that aids in your continued academic and professional success. If you want to see all the cards Hallmark has to offer you can go to their website here or find them on socials by following them @Hallmark on Facebook and Twitter, and @hallmark on Instagram

Hopefully, all of these products will help you survive the semester! If you’re interested in learning more, please check out these companies on social media and check our Instagram page (@hercampusmaine) for our extended coverage of the products by our own staff writers!

Megan Ashe

U Maine '22

Megan Ashe is a full time undergraduate student at the University of Maine, located in Orono, ME. She is majoring in English, with a concentration in creative writing, and is also focusing on her minor in legal studies. After her time at the University of Maine, Megan hopes to attend law school and become a trial lawyer. But for now, she enjoys hanging out with friends, working at the the University Bookstore, watching true crime TV shows, and of course writing! Insta: megan_ashe2000